Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Gas truck tlr22t Nitro conversion! >

Gas truck tlr22t Nitro conversion!

Gas truck tlr22t Nitro conversion!

Old 02-08-2014, 08:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation Gas truck tlr22t Nitro conversion!

I have a brand new O.S. Cr-v engine but lost interest in 1/10 gas truck.I hear rumors of conversions in the works ie tlr22 and rt6.Would that be possible in mid motor set ups What are the pros and cons ?I don't want to wait for a possible new gas burner to be released
Old 02-08-2014, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ITURBO View Post
I have a brand new O.S. Cr-v engine but lost interest in 1/10 gas truck.I hear rumors of conversions in the works ie tlr22 and rt6.Would that be possible in mid motor set ups What are the pros and cons ?I don't want to wait for a possible new gas burner to be released
Sooo... I am excited about this new possible 22T conversion as well. Is your OS a SG or standard shaft? Most new truck will most likely be designed for SG shaft clutchs like the AE GT2. But there is adapters

Not sure how the conversions will work. As both the GT2 and AD2 have 3 gear tranny and the spur is on the right side of the car. These MM car are 4 gear and have the spur on the left.. So I think it should work as far as engine rotation transferred to wheel rotation.. I would keep your CVR for the carb alone...
Old 02-08-2014, 02:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by TAMAK View Post
Sooo... I am excited about this new possible 22T conversion as well. Is your OS a SG or standard shaft? Most new truck will most likely be designed for SG shaft clutchs like the AE GT2. But there is adapters

Not sure how the conversions will work. As both the GT2 and AD2 have 3 gear tranny and the spur is on the right side of the car. These MM car are 4 gear and have the spur on the left.. So I think it should work as far as engine rotation transferred to wheel rotation.. I would keep your CVR for the carb alone...
I broke it in on a xxx-nt and needed parts.When I went to my LHS they seemed awfully disinterested as it wasn't a 1/8 nitro and the class was all but dead.Ive always watched vids of gas truck racing and thought it looked like a fun class to watch and race.My O.S. Box says Max 18cv-rx Blue 11j Abc roto carb?I see amain now has a 22t for 189$ just wondering if that means a 2.0 is coming?The jcon race here in Spring is slated for a gas truck classI think a current kit with a conversion is the only way to go!
Old 02-08-2014, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Gas truck is a .12 class as far as racing goes. .18 is just too much power..Idk, my GT2 is solid... And my current AD2 is gonna be a beast. That build should be done in another week.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Dang dude that looks " uber clean are parts still available ? What kind of servo is on top Xo?Are you happy with the shocks or have any plans?After seeing those I want to change the thread to "Show off your Gas Truck

Last edited by ITURBO; 02-08-2014 at 05:09 PM.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Too clean to be in the garage on a shelf IMHO
Old 02-08-2014, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Thanks! The AD2 is being built as a loaner car for my buddies to drive this year. The throttle servo is an XQ, i think its an orion knock off that can handle lipo and has enough speed and torque to do the job. I have Savox all round in my GT2. These are no shelf queens, i bought enough spares on ebay to keep me running for a long time! Plus, you can still buy spares for AD2 and use T4.2 front end all some other parts if you want for the GT2...
Old 02-15-2014, 12:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

gas truck was always my favorite class,
Old 02-15-2014, 01:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Thing looks awesome!!!
Old 03-06-2014, 10:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I hope that 1/10th nitro stadium truck comes back some day. I'm not to much into the buggy and truggy racing. I think that losi could easily build a nitro version of the 22T and associated could make a RC10GT3 pretty easy as well. I'll sit back and wait. Might not have a choice but to get a 1/8th buggy or truggy if I want to race.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

We had six 1/10 nitro stadium trucks at last club race. There is still an interest. Iturbo rumor has it chad parks is working on a t4.2 conversion for the jcon race in Omaha. If it goes well making a 22t conversion also.