R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Building RC8T Factory Team Kit (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/790488-building-rc8t-factory-team-kit.html)

Jcast 02-03-2014 05:50 AM

Building RC8T Factory Team Kit

Hello everyone! I'm looking to get back into the hobby after a long break, used to work doing track maintenance and design with my father at a track in Monclair, CA and during that time I took a strong liking to the off road R/C car Community, and Hobby!

With that said I have decided to purchase an RC8T Factory Team Kit and hook it up with some reliable low priced parts/accessories/essentials in order to get the vehicle 'Ready-to-Run' and ready to be worked with at the track. I have some vague recollection as to what brands and such to look for so I've given myself this baseline of items to go along with the RC8T kit to prepare for track days, and maybe a little more than necessary;

Kit
*Team AE RC8T Factory Team Championship Edition KIT
$519.99

Engine
*LRP ZR.30 X Non-Pullstart Competition Truggy Engine (Standard Plug)
$179.99

With Tuned Pipe(Manifold Included)
*OFNA Jammin JP-2 Polished Off Road Tuned Pipe
$59.99

Transmitter & Compatible Charger
*Spektrum DX3C DSM 3-Channel Surface Radio
$99.99
*Spektrum 150mAH Wall Charger with Transmitter Adapter
$19.99

Servos (#1 Steering, #2 Throttle )

*#1 ProTek R/C 100T Standard Digital "High Torque" Metal Gear Servo
$49.99
*#2 ProTek R/C 100SS Standard Digital "Super Speed" Metal Gear Servo
$49.99

Battery Charger
*Hitec X1+ AC Plus Single Port AC/DC Multi-Charger (6S/6A/50W)
$62.99

Transmitter Batteries
*ProTek R/C NiMH AA Loose Intellect Battery Cells (4) (1.2V/IB2000mAh)
$8.49

Receiver Hump Pack
*ProTek R/C 5-Cell 6.0V NiMH Intellect Hump Receiver Pack (IB1600)
$19.99

Starter Box
*Team Associated Factory Team Starter Box
$64.99

Starter Box Battery
*Racers Edge 12V 7.2AH Gel Cell Battery
$26.99

Additionally I chose to purchase these items;

*Pro-Line Track Bag w/Tool Holder
$57.99

*ProTek R/C Nitro Starter Set (w/Glow Ignitor, Fuel Bottle, Wrenches & Screwdrivers)
$27.99

*Dynamite Metric Startup Tool Set
$26.49

As well as some fuel to break in and run LRP ZR.30 X, Using 25% fuel as suggested.

*O'Donnell Speed Blend Racing Fuel 25% 1 Quart (3)
$10.49 EA

Total is just shy of 1,300$ USD

Prices are Quoted directly from the AMAINHOBBIES.com. Please let me know what you think of my build thus far, If you have any suggestions leave them here I'd like to get a nice bang for my buck! Thanks in advance everyone

carpet Carlos 02-03-2014 06:06 AM

that 30 is to powerful i had it try a .21 its more ideal and easier to drive and better fuel mileage. and a super awesome thing would be xtreme racing rc8 front battery mount servo tray

Jcast 02-03-2014 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by carpet Carlos (Post 12970624)
that 30 is to powerful i had it try a .21 its more ideal and easier to drive and better fuel mileage. and a super awesome thing would be xtreme racing rc8 front battery mount servo tray

*Xtreme Racing Team Associated RC8 Carbon Fiber Servo Tray

Would this be it? and are the spacers required as well? didn't even know it was possible to re-locate the battery mount on the RC8T, Thank you very much man.

I'm gonna take the time to look into some .21s right now see what I can produce. I've heard the Werks B5? is pretty good.

RB Products RTR .21 3-Port Buggy Engine w/2045 Tuned Pipe (Turbo Plug)
Werks Racing Team Line B5 .21 Off-Road Competition Buggy Engine w/2010 Carburetor (Turbo Plug)

Trying to keep it under 200$ and that RB RTR engine is tempting, always been a fan of RB, Curious how it would perform.

carpet Carlos 02-03-2014 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Jcast (Post 12970655)
*Xtreme Racing Team Associated RC8 Carbon Fiber Servo Tray

Would this be it? and are the spacers required as well? didn't even know it was possible to re-locate the battery mount on the RC8T, Thank you very much man.

I'm gonna take the time to look into some .21s right now see what I can produce. I've heard the Werks B5? is pretty good.

RB Products RTR .21 3-Port Buggy Engine w/2045 Tuned Pipe (Turbo Plug)
Werks Racing Team Line B5 .21 Off-Road Competition Buggy Engine w/2010 Carburetor (Turbo Plug)

Trying to keep it under 200$ and that RB RTR engine is tempting, always been a fan of RB, Curious how it would perform.

yes but make sure its the front battery mount one there are 2 of them and i actually ran the b2 werks engine and it had plenty of power i ran it with 14 bell and 50spur and yes the b5 and b6 are good engines also

carpet Carlos 02-03-2014 06:33 AM

do the werks b2 much better choice than an rtr engine

Jcast 02-03-2014 06:52 AM

Took me awhile to find the correct one, could only find it on the Xtreme racing website, TEAM ASSOCIATED RC8 CARBON FIBER BATTERY FORWARD SERVO TRAY. Replaces stock tray so the case can be placed forward for better weight distribution.

Taking your advice on the B2 Werks as well, Probably going to upgrade a month or two down the line but for now I think it will do just fine.

Appreciate your help Carlos!

carpet Carlos 02-03-2014 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Jcast (Post 12970778)
Took me awhile to find the correct one, could only find it on the Xtreme racing website, TEAM ASSOCIATED RC8 CARBON FIBER BATTERY FORWARD SERVO TRAY. Replaces stock tray so the case can be placed forward for better weight distribution.

Taking your advice on the B2 Werks as well, Probably going to upgrade a month or two down the line but for now I think it will do just fine.

Appreciate your help Carlos!

that engine is good you will be happy

Jcast 02-03-2014 03:21 PM

Reviewing the B2 Werks a little more, definitely looks like I'll be happy with this engine on my Kit.

Side question, does the Factory kit Jconcepts Body come with the Body mount piece?