Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Radiolink RC3S rx and tx??? Better then flysky? >

Radiolink RC3S rx and tx??? Better then flysky?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radiolink RC3S rx and tx??? Better then flysky?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 05:58 PM
Tech Adept

Default Radiolink RC3S rx and tx??? Better then flysky?

I have a GT3B and for whatever reason it has given me issues and I never had it hacked. I like its features and its pretty nifty looking as well. Looking for a new Rx and Tx and I came across this set and I bought it.

http://rchobbysst.com/index.php?main...oducts_id=1652

This thing is jammed pack full of features that is beyond me. Unfortunately I am snowed in at the moment so I was wondering if anyone has tried these yet? I read a comment that they are basically a hacked version of Futaba 4PLS which I would say is a reach.

The construction is cheaply done but I have dropped it and it did not hurt it. It is very light in the hand. My GT3B feels like a brick in comparison. It also runs on 4 AA batteries which was a surprise and can use lipo in place of the battery box.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Do you have an update on this RC3S
Old 01-26-2014, 12:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Looks like a spektrum dx3r pro Chinese copy.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

I recently picked up a RC3S and I have to say it blows away any FlySky radio... every which way possible from smoothness of operation to latency to features to better ergos and overall ease of use.

More details here:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by billdelong
I recently picked up a RC3S and I have to say it blows away any FlySky radio... every which way possible from smoothness of operation to latency to features to better ergos and overall ease of use.

More details here:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Are these being sold in the U.S,?

Or do u have to buy from china?
Old 04-16-2014, 04:21 AM
Tech Champion

I haven't seen any US distributors pick them up yet, I think they're fairly new to market, my order from WowModel arrived in 1 week... that's faster delivery than most of my orders from A-Main, ha!
Old 04-16-2014, 05:39 AM
Tech Adept

I haven't seen any US distributors pick them up yet, I think they're fairly new to market, my order from WowModel arrived in 1 week... that's faster delivery than most of my orders from A-Main, ha!
Ok thanks.. i want to try this radio but concerned about parts/recievers..

How is it holding up?

Would this be good for club races?
Old 04-16-2014, 06:28 AM
Tech Champion

I just got it a couple days ago and plan to start using it for club racing soon. The base level electronics appear to be the same quality as the 3XS that I've been testing over the past year and the 3XS has proven to be far superior over both the Fly Sky and Spektrum radios that I've tested. I wouldn't say the RC3S is quite as fast as my RadioPost TS401, but it sure is buttery smooth in the testing I've done around the house.

It's really a no brainer for me to recommend this radio over FlySky and Spektrum... really splitting hairs to say it's better than a MX-V because there are trade-offs between what is offered, but for $50 price tag, this deal can't be beat.

I've also placed an order for a couple extra Rx's at $10 each... I was hoping this radio might be compatible with my 3XS or some other brand, but unfortunately it's not

As far as parts go, the steering post is standard and the wheel can easily be swapped out with an Integy aluminum steering wheel. If something else breaks... I feel that the $50 price tag makes the radio disposable... you can probably re-route the antenna to make it internal if you're concerned about breaking that ugly stick, ha!
Old 04-16-2014, 06:45 AM
Tech Adept

I just got it a couple days ago and plan to start using it for club racing soon. The base level electronics appear to be the same quality as the 3XS that I've been testing over the past year and the 3XS has proven to be far superior over both the Fly Sky and Spektrum radios that I've tested. I wouldn't say the RC3S is quite as fast as my RadioPost TS401, but it sure is buttery smooth in the testing I've done around the house.

It's really a no brainer for me to recommend this radio over FlySky and Spektrum... really splitting hairs to say it's better than a MX-V because there are trade-offs between what is offered, but for $50 price tag, this deal can't be beat.

I've also placed an order for a couple extra Rx's at $10 each... I was hoping this radio might be compatible with my 3XS or some other brand, but unfortunately it's not

As far as parts go, the steering post is standard and the wheel can easily be swapped out with an Integy aluminum steering wheel. If something else breaks... I feel that the $50 price
tag makes the radio disposable... you can probably re-route the antenna to make it internal if you're concerned about breaking that ugly stick, ha!
Might give it a try. Was looking at the m mx-v also
Old 04-16-2014, 07:17 AM
Tech Champion

If you're only gonna race 1 car, then I'd probably play it safe and go with the MX-V.

If you're gonna race 2 or more cars, then it becomes cost prohibitive and I think the RC3S would be the way to go... should perform equally as well as the MX-V, but just won't have waterproof Rx's or the notoriety of a trusted name brand that Airtronics has established.

I can vouch that the 3XS and MX-V has always been glitch-free, but I can't say the same for FlySky nor Spektrum which both use Direct sequencing.

The 3XS, MX-V and RC3S use FHSS, more info on the differences between each spectrum type and why Direct is bad for surface radios explained further here:
http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/spreadspectrum01.shtml

*Note that Direct sequencing in air radios will overcome glitches by placing multiple Rx's in the airplane and each Rx has 2 antennas... these methods are not practiced on their surface radios...doh!

Direct sequence radios will probably do fine when driving solo, but tend to get hit hard with interference at a busy race track... especially with other radios using the same Direct sequence technology too. Fly Sky broadcasts a more powerful signal to help overcome this, but it has still hit me on larger tracks... here is an example of a Fly Sky radio that was glitching when I loaned my car to another driver, but we resolved the glitches (later in the video clip) after adjusting the antenna position:

+ YouTube Video

Last edited by billdelong; 04-16-2014 at 07:31 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:50 AM
Tech Adept

If you're only gonna race 1 car, then I'd probably play it safe and go with the MX-V.

If you're gonna race 2 or more cars, then it becomes cost prohibitive and I think the RC3S would be the way to go... should perform equally as well as the MX-V, but just won't have waterproof Rx's or the notoriety of a trusted name brand that Airtronics has established.

I can vouch that the 3XS and MX-V has always been glitch-free, but I can't say the same for FlySky nor Spektrum which both use Direct sequencing.

The 3XS, MX-V and RC3S use FHSS, more info on the differences between each spectrum type and why Direct is bad for surface radios explained further here:
http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/spreadspectrum01.shtml

*Note that Direct sequencing in air radios will overcome glitches by placing multiple Rx's in the airplane and each Rx has 2 antennas... these methods are not practiced on their surface radios...doh!

Direct sequence radios will probably do fine when driving solo, but tend to get hit hard with interference at a busy race track... especially with other radios using the same Direct sequence technology too. Fly Sky broadcasts a more powerful signal to help overcome this, but it has still hit me on larger tracks... here is an example of a Fly Sky radio that was glitching when I loaned my car to another driver, but we resolved the glitches (later in the video clip) after adjusting the antenna position:

+ YouTube Video

Thanks for info & advice bro

Think imma play it safe and go with the airtronics .

I will be racing two 1/8 buggies and dont want any
Glitching problems..

Radiolink sure looks good for the price, wish there was more
Companies carrying it tho. I still may try it on my spare car down the road
Old 04-16-2014, 08:16 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tate13
I will be racing two 1/8 buggies and dont want any
Glitching problems..

Just to clarify... I don't think you will get any glitching with the RC3S because it uses FHSS technology... the only glitching I've seen are on radios that use Direct Sequence technology (i.e. Fly Sky and Spektrum).

Not trying to twist your arm into buying the RC3S, but I just don't want to sell the radio short, I think it's legit and rivals the MX-V in terms of performance with a clean signal... both provide identical power output @ 100mW too. After buying the second Rx for the MX-V, I tend to feel that it becomes a waste of money and the value presented by the RC3S is far greater making it the better option to explore.

Then on the flip side, with the MX-V, you don't have to worry about breaking any external antenna either... so that alone could possibly be justification enough for some. I just wouldn't consider glitching or performance to be any factors when comparing the MX-V to the RC3S, they are about equal to each other.

Main advantages that the RC3S will have over MX-V:

* 4th channel
* Channel Mixing
* Up to 4S LiPo capable
* HV support for Rx's
* Adjustable LVA
* 7 character model name vs only 3 characters on the MX-V

Last edited by billdelong; 04-16-2014 at 08:40 AM.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Eurgle version

So I just unknowingly bought myself an rc3s re branded. I found this Eurgle version sold by TheToyz and R2hobbies. Thinking it looked similar to the 3xs I bought it despite not being able to find any reviews on it. So Im glad I stumbled onto this little thread and found its counterpart.
Sadly my Eurgle radio didnt come in a fancy box, just a pretty flat brown one with no manual. And to top it off, my menus were set to chinese. Luckily language selection was the first menu.
As for build quality, to me its on par with my gt3b which recently has had range issues. But my rc3s has a small white smudge under the screen which I hope doesnt drive me crazy. Other than that smudge though I like the feel so much better. Now I just need to memorize all these extra functions im not use to having.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:43 PM
Tech Adept

I purchased the rc3s to replace my hacked flysky gt3b. I'm at the region 4 race and it gets interference from other radios. So far in two of three buggy heats I have not been able to run. I will be selling this piece of crap and going back to my gt3b.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RaceRoc
I purchased the rc3s to replace my hacked flysky gt3b. I'm at the region 4 race and it gets interference from other radios. So far in two of three buggy heats I have not been able to run. I will be selling this piece of crap and going back to my gt3b.
how many other radios were present?
Any chance you took note of specific brands that were on the stand?
How large is the track? Any links to YouTube videos of the track?

Which battery type were you using in the Tx?
Did you try using the Rx on HV?
What was your voltage of the Tx and the voltage of the Rx?

Brands of radios present while I've been testing my RC3S without getting in glitches for me:

KoPropo
RadioPost
Futaba
Airtronics
Spektrum
FlySky

I was using AA Alkaline cells in the TX with the Rx on a 6V BEC.

I was getting 99% consistency with my RadioPost TS401 and my RC3S gave me 98% consistency with my lap times when comparing race results from different heats.

*** UPDATE ***
In the past, I have experienced glitching with my RadioPost TS401, specifically having range issues when the voltage dropped on the Tx below 6V... I was forced to stop using the Alkaline cells and all my glitching went away once I started using a 2S LiPo

Last edited by billdelong; 05-25-2014 at 07:07 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.