Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
need a new toy help me choose >

need a new toy help me choose

need a new toy help me choose

Old 01-19-2014, 07:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Default need a new toy help me choose

Ok, so i already have an MGT 8.0 which imo is the nastiest nitro MT, i want another off road toy, leaning toward truggy. I want impressive top speed and the ability to do wheelies if i wanted but also be a good track performer, jumps etc. I think the jato 3.3 is cool but kinda small and only 2wd but man it looks fun. I dont wanna break the bank. No $800 rc car in other words. So,help me pick my new toy. Gracias.

p.s. no brushless.... i like nitro
Old 01-20-2014, 04:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

you wont get a truggy or buggy to do wheelies unless u lock the center diff.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ncdirtracer View Post
you wont get a truggy or buggy to do wheelies unless u lock the center diff.
My Rc8t will do wheelies and the center diff isn't locked. All you need to wheelie with a truggy is to put some MT tires on it and some thick diff fluid. I've got 100,000 wt. in my center diff and I put the tires from my MT4 on and I get wheelies.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Here buy this ... http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio...dard-pkg-49497 .

Hell , buy two of them
Old 01-21-2014, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=dnaforever2203;12922557]Ok, I want impressive top speed and the ability to do wheelies if i wanted but also be a good track performer, jumps etc.

Unlikely to get all that in the one truggy, if you want good track performance then wheelies & impressive top speeds won't help.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

[QUOTE=ozziii;12929512]
Originally Posted by dnaforever2203 View Post
Ok, I want impressive top speed and the ability to do wheelies if i wanted but also be a good track performer, jumps etc.

Unlikely to get all that in the one truggy, if you want good track performance then wheelies & impressive top speeds won't help.
You can have it all with a truggy. It's just a matter of swapping the tires and maybe the clutch bell. When I want wheelies and more ground clearance, I just throw the MT tires on. If I want better handling, I put my Pro Line Badlands on. If I want to run on a track, I put the track tires on. I usually run all 3 sets of tires with the same 15 tooth clutch bell. My BuKu clutch with the brass bonded komposite shoes allow me to do this. When I ran the tall/heavy MT tires with the 15 tooth bell, I melted the aluminum clutch shoes on the stock clutch in a couple tanks of fuel. The BuKu brass bonded komposite shoes do it no problem. Basically the BuKu clutch allows me to do whatever I want tire/gearing wise on my RC8T.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wittyname View Post
Here buy this ... http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio...dard-pkg-49497 .

Hell , buy two of them
Sold out now, not surprised given the price they were blowing 'em out at. Woulda been a good buy.

But don't expect them to be re-stocked again, that would have been the last of whatever stock Tamiya had left to get rid of them (given Tamiya ceased production of the 1/8 buggy/truggy in late 2011 and canned the 1/8 offroad program all together).
Old 01-22-2014, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wombat View Post
Sold out now, not surprised given the price they were blowing 'em out at. Woulda been a good buy.

But don't expect them to be re-stocked again, that would have been the last of whatever stock Tamiya had left to get rid of them (given Tamiya ceased production of the 1/8 buggy/truggy in late 2011 and canned the 1/8 offroad program all together).
I can still put it in my cart and check out .... seems in stock to me . The other truggy kit is sold out , but this one seems good to go .
Old 01-22-2014, 09:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wittyname View Post
I can still put it in my cart and check out .... seems in stock to me . The other truggy kit is sold out , but this one seems good to go .
Offered mine to him, basically artr. Not sure he wants one. Really is a good truck though, the trf801xt.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Ya i thought about the tamiya but it seems that the losi 8ight t 2.0 is a better deal and more powerful based on videos I've seen. Maybe I'm wrong. I got an e revo but I'm not sure i like it. Lol
Old 01-22-2014, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=Micah78;12929886]
Originally Posted by ozziii View Post

You can have it all with a truggy. It's just a matter of swapping the tires and maybe the clutch bell. When I want wheelies and more ground clearance, I just throw the MT tires on. If I want better handling, I put my Pro Line Badlands on. If I want to run on a track, I put the track tires on. I usually run all 3 sets of tires with the same 15 tooth clutch bell. My BuKu clutch with the brass bonded komposite shoes allow me to do this. When I ran the tall/heavy MT tires with the 15 tooth bell, I melted the aluminum clutch shoes on the stock clutch in a couple tanks of fuel. The BuKu brass bonded komposite shoes do it no problem. Basically the BuKu clutch allows me to do whatever I want tire/gearing wise on my RC8T.
[QUOTE=ozziii;12929512]
Ok, I want impressive top speed and the ability to do wheelies if i wanted but also be a good track performer, jumps etc.

Not without changing parts so its still a no, you wont get one truggy to do wheelies & have impressive top speed while still performing & handling well on track. If you want to be changing parts all the time then yeah, but it would be a pain in the a$$, thats not having 1 truggy that can do everything thats wanted.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Ya i thought about the tamiya but it seems that the losi 8ight t 2.0 is a better deal and more powerful based on videos I've seen. Maybe I'm wrong. I got an e revo but I'm not sure i like it. Lol
the power depends on the engine. a kit is not going to be "more powerful" than any other kit in the same class.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Im referring to the RTR with the losi 454