Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Losi 8ight T 2.0 >

Losi 8ight T 2.0

Losi 8ight T 2.0

Old 01-19-2014, 07:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Losi 8ight T 2.0

I was looking at this truggy 8ight T 2.0 and wondering how good it really would be for the backyard. Mainly real short grass with a few terraces to jump. My LHS does have a offroad track but i dont intend to race. I may would go ocassionally and just run the track for fun. But mainly this would be my backyard basher so to speak. Ive never had a truggy but i love the looks of this thing and also just fell in love with the radio system. Any insight how good this would be for me?
Old 01-19-2014, 07:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

well i was just looking and saw where this one must be discontinued. Ive noticed that seems to be a problem with losi. Oh well anyone know of the next best thing to it that would work for my conditions?
Old 01-19-2014, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The Losi 3.0 truggy just got unveiled that what it was discontinued. Arguably the best truggy out there.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by flap jack View Post
The Losi 3.0 truggy just got unveiled that what it was discontinued. Arguably the best truggy out there.
well i was wanting a rtr and the 8ight 3.0 looks to only be a kit.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

overdrive rc still hasthe 8ight T 2.0 for order. If i were to get one of these will parts still be available even though its discontinued?
Old 01-19-2014, 11:19 AM
Tech Adept

i have the 2.0. its a great basher. very durable. Have had a great time with it.

as for part support, i dont think it will be a problem.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Consider my truggy for sale too.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by these_savages View Post
i have the 2.0. its a great basher. very durable. Have had a great time with it.

as for part support, i dont think it will be a problem.
Does it do well in grassy type areas? As this will be my main conditions. I have some pretty good terraces to jump maybe around 3' or so nothing to give me 8' of air. Just mainly running fast around the field and jumping the terraces. If it will handle those type conditions then i will seriously consider the 8ight T 2.0!!
Old 01-19-2014, 02:26 PM
Tech Adept

if the grass is short it will handle it just fine. remember its a truggy and ride height is pretty low.

i love my 2.0! its badass
Old 01-19-2014, 03:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bsud View Post
well i was wanting a rtr and the 8ight 3.0 looks to only be a kit.
I first owned the rtr and loved it but later got the kit. The kit is awesome. I enjoyed very much putting it together as u will learn the vehicle so much more. Also rtr electronics suck so u might as well start out putting what u want in the car from the start
Old 01-19-2014, 05:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
I first owned the rtr and loved it but later got the kit. The kit is awesome. I enjoyed very much putting it together as u will learn the vehicle so much more. Also rtr electronics suck so u might as well start out putting what u want in the car from the start

Well I'm just not where I can put 1000-1500 in one right now. The rtr t2.0 is 695 since it's been discontinued the price has dropped a little on them. And I don't know I'd say the spectrum electronics that comes with it sucks. From what I've seen those electronics are some of the best for rtr.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:52 PM
Tech Adept

electronics are good enough if u ask me. personally i love the telemetery with the temps. so much easier just looking at your radio insted of doing the measuring with the hand held temp gun. and an alarm sets off if the temps get to high. People are hating on the telemetery for some reason, but personally i love it
Old 01-19-2014, 05:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bsud View Post
Well I'm just not where I can put 1000-1500 in one right now. The rtr t2.0 is 695 since it's been discontinued the price has dropped a little on them. And I don't know I'd say the spectrum electronics that comes with it sucks. From what I've seen those electronics are some of the best for rtr.
I understand where ur coming from. The 3.0 kit just came out for 599. U could do that kit with motor & electronics for about 850 - 900. U will have to upgrade servos very soon on rtr anyway & the spectrum radio/receiver has very short reach IMO. U will save $ buying a kit. Like I said rtr is a starting point but in the end it will cost u more. Just speaking from experience.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
Also rtr electronics suck
I do not agree. Stock Spectrum radio and receiver with telemetry are VERY good, still use them after two years. The servos are slow, but that's something normal in RTR.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goszu View Post
I do not agree. Stock Spectrum radio and receiver with telemetry are VERY good, still use them after two years. The servos are slow, but that's something normal in RTR.
The radio is not usually included in the "electronics" it is its own separate thing. To get a spektrum radio worth anything, you have to buy one of the expensive models though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.