R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Most common repair parts list (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/782393-most-common-repair-parts-list.html)

MTB-Matt 01-01-2014 06:09 AM

Most common repair parts list

Hey Everyone,

New into RC cars, but coming from nitro RC heli's. What I'm wanting to put together is a list of the parts I'll most commonly need to replace from normal wear and tear and of course crashes:D In heli's we could purchase "crash kits" for any given heli model which contained the most common parts broken in a crash, I've noticed this doesn't seem to be with the car genre.

I like to have a decent stock pile of the commonly broken parts on hand that way I don't have to order online and wait and/or not be close to a LHS or they be closed.

I have a Team Associated RC8, any info from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

MTB-Matt 01-01-2014 02:27 PM

Nevermind

Found my info at the RC Universe forum, didn't see for whatever reason when I googled the topic earlier

Happy New Year!!

jackinabox 01-05-2014 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by MTB-Matt (Post 12863670)
Found my info at the RC Universe forum, didn't see for whatever reason when I googled the topic earlier

I also have an RC8 - care to share?

Frank L 01-05-2014 06:44 AM

I usually carry a spare kit but here's a starter list:
  • F/R arm
  • Ball link ends
  • Shock ends
  • Shock shaft F/R
  • Hinge pins inner and outter rear
  • Ring/ pinion (just 1 of each)
  • A bearing kit for your car
  • Misc screws

That's a start and there may be other parts that your specific car breaks frequently that you may want to cary 2 of. I haven't driven a rc8 so I'm unaware if it's list. Also invest in some tuning parts: F/R swaybars and springs. Hit the RC8 thread and find out wants working on that car, then I would go a couple steps up and down from there on these tuning parts.

MTB-Matt 01-07-2014 03:27 PM

Cool, thanks for the input!!

homershoots 01-07-2014 05:28 PM

On ae cars definitely have cvd pins on hand, steering block bushings and bolts. If your not running ft suspension plates you'll need 2.5mm washers, if your running ft plates and are using low or a mid b plate you'll need those bushings. Diff o-rings and case gaskets + a spare diff housing. Upper shock bushings. Spare wing and mounts. A screw kit and spare bearings. They are super tough cars so most of that stuff will for maintenance.

Jaz240 01-09-2014 07:09 AM

Besides the list Frank posted I always have front and rear bulkheads and wing mount. To be honest I have every part in my box. You never know what you may need and it's better to have it. The worst thing ever is to have to go home because you broke the 1 part you don't have during warm up. :rolleyes: