Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VRC PRO questions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 07:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Some very good info and tips in this thread.
I will be making some changes before I play next.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't know a damn thing about computers! I have an old Toshiba laptop could it possibly work for this game?
Old 01-02-2014, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

sub
Old 01-02-2014, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'm definitely not computer savy but VRC running on my 27" imac running full screen is smooth like butta!!! Definitely the closest thing out there for practicing up on the rc skills!!!

I'm getting between 280-300 FPS. Is that an indication of my computer running well or good internet? Or both?
Old 01-03-2014, 03:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DBL15
Yeh I have had this for well over a year and was getting 60 fops and happy as well

But last night I changed to all the settings posted on the page before and now I get 240 fps and the game is now on a new level for me

Just suxs these tips come out after the worlds are finished again for the year as I am doing way faster and consistent times now
Same Darren, i was 60fps during the worlds and now with everything turned down 240fps, much better responce as well.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I turned almost everything Off in the Graphics option page. The Controller FPS is abt 110 in the Options menu but drops to 50-60 during gameplay. ??!
Old 01-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adrictan
I turned almost everything Off in the Graphics option page. The Controller FPS is abt 110 in the Options menu but drops to 50-60 during gameplay. ??!

you're seeing 2 different output settings. The first one is the controller frame rate (110fps) and the second one is video game frame rate on how fast the graphics card/chipset can redraw the screen image, in your case it will be 50-60 frames per second.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

So at my current speed, it is fine? I am still having intermittent lag.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Had to drop from 1080 to 720 in order to get decent framerate.

I tried turning the graphic quality down some, but the car was near impossible to see left/right/front/back orientation when it got far away on some of the larger tracks.

I'm still not a huge fan of the steering/throttle feel, but it is what it is. I'm using a USB-PPM cable direct into a radio, not the VRC controller that plugs into a spare Rx. I spent about 30 minutes getting the settings to something I could live with. I know this probably sounds funny, but I feel 'disconnected' with the car in VRC compared to real life - like I'm not always in total control.

What does everyone think about the car's tuning adjustments on VRC?

Originally Posted by adrictan
So at my current speed, it is fine? I am still having intermittent lag.
I was at 50-60 like you, but got it up to 95-100, and it's a noticeable improvement. I would love to see how the game performs at these 200+ numbers people are getting.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rsickles
Had to drop from 1080 to 720 in order to get decent framerate.

I tried turning the graphic quality down some, but the car was near impossible to see left/right/front/back orientation when it got far away on some of the larger tracks.

I'm still not a huge fan of the steering/throttle feel, but it is what it is. I'm using a USB-PPM cable direct into a radio, not the VRC controller that plugs into a spare Rx. I spent about 30 minutes getting the settings to something I could live with. I know this probably sounds funny, but I feel 'disconnected' with the car in VRC compared to real life - like I'm not always in total control.

What does everyone think about the car's tuning adjustments on VRC?

I was at 50-60 like you, but got it up to 95-100, and it's a noticeable improvement. I would love to see how the game performs at these 200+ numbers people are getting.
There must be something else going on as im running at between 150-360fps now i turned everything down and feels great very responsive, sharp feel.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Ya mine sucked before and i hated it, was always told anything higher then 60 fps is irrelivent? But thrndong everyting down and adj expo in the game my car feels connected.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's true that anything above 60 doesn't matter when it comes to visual appearance. Most monitors cant display anything higher (60htz). In the case of vrc the higher FPS is an indication of how well the game is working. So while yours eyes and monitor can't tell the difference, the game running much faster = better "feel".
Old 01-04-2014, 06:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by killabud
It's true that anything above 60 doesn't matter when it comes to visual appearance. Most monitors cant display anything higher (60htz). In the case of vrc the higher FPS is an indication of how well the game is working. So while yours eyes and monitor can't tell the difference, the game running much faster = better "feel".
It is very similar to iRacing in that respect, the better the FPS the more connected I feel with the game and better my lap times become!

Loving the buggies at the moment.

I have set up quite a few club events including 20 minute finals at 3 tracks (qualify closes in 4 days I think) and 3 events on reversed layouts to practice future rounds of Season 1 in the buggy series.

More the merrier to join up so send in a request

Central Scotland Off Roaders

cheers

dave
Old 01-05-2014, 02:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Mac Mini?

I have a Mac Mini, and wanted to know if there is anything special that I would need to do in order to run VRC on it?. Will it even work with the Mac Mini?. I was looking at the requirements to run the program, and it seems that they only address PC requirements and not Mac which is why I'm asking. I would also imagine that the ration of Mac to PC users in the world has got to be at least 50/50. If this has already been addressed on the thread please forgive my redundant question. Any guidance is appreciated.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kaneye2
I have a Mac Mini, and wanted to know if there is anything special that I would need to do in order to run VRC on it?. Will it even work with the Mac Mini?. I was looking at the requirements to run the program, and it seems that they only address PC requirements and not Mac which is why I'm asking. I would also imagine that the ration of Mac to PC users in the world has got to be at least 50/50. If this has already been addressed on the thread please forgive my redundant question. Any guidance is appreciated.
I run on a mac book pro (not sure about you mac specs) but I run vrc using boot camp to run windows, works great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.