Search
Like Tree150Likes

Xray XB8

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ferrarieeeee
Already tried using higher ride height and more shock rebound but doesn't help much... Not a very big jump though but can only have short distance for acceleration after a hair pin. Don't wanna switch for the 1.1 springs for the clutches...
Lighter shock oil can also increase boooiiiiing, but it sounds like you've already looked into the shocks.

With a short run up, I'd think the lower gearing would help, not hinder. Any chance the power is coming on too hard too fast and just spinning up the tires instead of causing forward motion?

If you're getting the traction, I would really make sure your engine tune is right. Can you safely go a little leaner to get those rpms up?

Front end diffing out also hindering acceleration?

How much anti squat are you running?
Old 03-30-2014, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
We ran them at amain hobbies and when the track was dry it was very loose and there was never an acceleration issue. I ran the same clutch setup I did with the xb9 and the pipe/ header took away bottom and added top. I don't think the gearing is an issue at all. I broke a few parts but I like this car, it's very driveable.
What parts did you break? Still deciding to continue or not with the Xray.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by My ST-RR EVO
Lighter shock oil can also increase boooiiiiing, but it sounds like you've already looked into the shocks.

With a short run up, I'd think the lower gearing would help, not hinder. Any chance the power is coming on too hard too fast and just spinning up the tires instead of causing forward motion?

If you're getting the traction, I would really make sure your engine tune is right. Can you safely go a little leaner to get those rpms up?

Front end diffing out also hindering acceleration?

How much anti squat are you running?
Don't think it's the traction issue, already tried using a new set of tires... Engine tuning should be fine... Currently running 3.5 degrees of anti-squat
Old 03-30-2014, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I would actually increase shock oil and/or pack in the rear to get over that jump. Light shock oil will allow the suspension to squat more. Thicker oil and more pack will both push the tires into the track when you get on throttle. Reducing anti-squat can also help, and increasing front droop (more droop).
Old 03-30-2014, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Finally was able to get some solid run time on the buggy today. Track is a super bumpy/blown out/edgy track with large jumps. Built the buggy with Tyler Vik's DNC setup that most people are liking pretty well. The only exception was 2k rear diff oil instead of 3k. Car has so much rotation and steering it is insane. There are a couple of tight 180 switchbacks on the current layout and the car carries a ton of speed and changes direction effortlessly. Even still, the car has a ton of traction and really hooks up coming out of the corners as well. Really enjoying the new car though!
Old 03-30-2014, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ykc
Just had 2 race on my XB8 2014 and have my front driveshaft poping out. Anyone else experience this problem. We Have 2 racers currently experience this problem.

When we push our front arms all the way up, the driveshaft look like it is not long enough.
What position are your lower inner hinge pins in? Stock is middle, all set ups from DNC have them 'inner'. This could help your problem possibly
Old 03-30-2014, 03:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mcion
What parts did you break? Still deciding to continue or not with the Xray.
- Upper arm- bent front shock shaft --> smacked a truck head on slow speed
- Bent front shock shaft - dimpled front shock body --> hit a rolled over car at
the top of a jump.

Both hits were out of the ordinary but not high speed maybe just getting the new car jitters out. My buddy ran his and no broken parts. There was another one at this race and no issues either.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:05 PM
ykc
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
What position are your lower inner hinge pins in? Stock is middle, all set ups from DNC have them 'inner'. This could help your problem possibly
Ok. Thanks for the help. I will try it. I have it at stock.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ferrarieeeee
I have some difficulty clear some jumps with the lower gear ratio of xb8 2014... Which ways is better u think: using 48t spur or 12t bell?
Can you post your setup sheet ?

If your are running the stock setup, I would change the shocks positions first on the shock tower, have them standing up more first, if that does not help, then increase the front droop, then proceed with more antisquat and kickup.

Either of those options will sort out your small runup to clear the jump, but just bare in mind changing one thing affects another.

If doing the above affects something drastically on the rest of the track, then yes the 48 is the ay to go, knowing that you mentioned indoor medium technical track, the 48 would be a better choice.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:39 PM
ykc
Tech Adept

This is what I mean. This is when I move the arm all the way up.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by shesha
Can you post your setup sheet ?

If your are running the stock setup, I would change the shocks positions first on the shock tower, have them standing up more first, if that does not help, then increase the front droop, then proceed with more antisquat and kickup.

Either of those options will sort out your small runup to clear the jump, but just bare in mind changing one thing affects another.

If doing the above affects something drastically on the rest of the track, then yes the 48 is the ay to go, knowing that you mentioned indoor medium technical track, the 48 would be a better choice.
Would be really interested in your setup. For a tight indoor track I would definitely run the hinge pins on the inner hole. As for not being able to clear the jump we need to see you setup. Hope we can help when we see it
Old 03-31-2014, 02:12 AM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ykc

This is what I mean. This is when I move the arm all the way up.
I heard a few were having the same problem over the weekend at an event here.
There are a few setup changes you can make to prevent it from happening. But they may not be changes you'll want to make. You can change to 1 pills in on the lower hinge pin plate and then re adjust your track width with +2 hexes.

Personally I'm just going to change the outdrives out for the longer truggy ones 355061
Old 03-31-2014, 05:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ordering mine this week!!! so excited. what do you guys think i need for spares? i was just gonna go with the usual a arms, caster clips, and also get the mud guards. anything else anyone can think of?
Old 03-31-2014, 06:17 AM
ykc
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TIX
I heard a few were having the same problem over the weekend at an event here.
There are a few setup changes you can make to prevent it from happening. But they may not be changes you'll want to make. You can change to 1 pills in on the lower hinge pin plate and then re adjust your track width with +2 hexes.

Personally I'm just going to change the outdrives out for the longer truggy ones 355061
Thanks for the help.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Z-Man.
Ordering mine this week!!! so excited. what do you guys think i need for spares? i was just gonna go with the usual a arms, caster clips, and also get the mud guards. anything else anyone can think of?
i would have.. the vertical ball stud in the rear.. as well as a set of pillow balls from the front.. good thing.. they come in pairs..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.