Like Tree127Likes

Xray XB8

Old 08-17-2022, 10:43 PM
  #4261  
Tech Adept
 
MidwestRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 122
Default

Originally Posted by Mickey_B View Post
I switched brands a long time ago. Let me guess sponsored driver???
No. Definitely not a sponsored driver. I do have and run 5 different brands of 1/8th buggies which lets me do a lot of testing and comparison. Some platforms work better in certain situations. I like experimenting with setups and learning. My Xrays have proven to be really capable of finishing a race even after some massive crashes which would have rendered some of my others broken to D.N.F. conditions. Yes, there are some things that could be better, but that is the case with every brand I have ever owned.
MidwestRacer is offline  
Old 08-18-2022, 08:55 AM
  #4262  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Mickey_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,094
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MidwestRacer View Post
No. Definitely not a sponsored driver. I do have and run 5 different brands of 1/8th buggies which lets me do a lot of testing and comparison. Some platforms work better in certain situations. I like experimenting with setups and learning. My Xrays have proven to be really capable of finishing a race even after some massive crashes which would have rendered some of my others broken to D.N.F. conditions. Yes, there are some things that could be better, but that is the case with every brand I have ever owned.
Impressive, your like one the first people I have meet that was not sponsored.
Mickey_B is offline  
Old 08-22-2022, 11:31 AM
  #4263  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Mickey_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,094
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default

Rc America gonna lower the price of these kits?
Mickey_B is offline  
Old 09-03-2022, 10:05 AM
  #4264  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (18)
 
Pharcyed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto, Can.
Posts: 510
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

They are on sale right now at RCAmerica.
Pharcyed is offline  
Old 09-03-2022, 11:35 AM
  #4265  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Mickey_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,094
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default

I gonna wait till Black Friday, thatís when they really start marking them down.
Mickey_B is offline  
Old 09-13-2022, 07:24 PM
  #4266  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Mickey_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,094
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default

Anyone know how long Tessman is under contract for? I have feeling after the lackluster worlds and roar 1/10 scale some changes are on the horizon.
Pharcyed likes this.
Mickey_B is offline  
Old 09-30-2022, 12:34 PM
  #4267  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Mickey_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,094
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mickey_B View Post
I gonna wait till Black Friday, thatís when they really start marking them down.
Still in stock and Nike reported excess inventory. If your looking to buy one of these kits try to hold out until Black Friday thatís when there gonna really mark them down to move them.
Mickey_B is offline  
Old 10-26-2022, 02:36 PM
  #4268  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: at the track
Posts: 890
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Hi I have a 2005 XB8R nitro and I want to convert it to E. Any one knows if the xb808 intergy conversion will work on my old platform? Thanks
xxx123 is offline  
Old 11-29-2022, 08:49 AM
  #4269  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Mickey_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,094
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mickey_B View Post
Still in stock and Nike reported excess inventory. If your looking to buy one of these kits try to hold out until Black Friday thatís when the gonna really mark them down to move them.
No Black Friday sale this year at RC America, maybe because they already lowered price of kits. Happy to report I sold my last X-ray buggy. Hardly got anything for it, these things just donít hold any value with new kits coming out every year. Also nobody wants them because the parts are so exspensive.
Mickey_B is offline  
Old 12-26-2022, 04:07 PM
  #4270  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brisbane QLD Australia
Posts: 282
Default

Originally Posted by Mickey_B View Post
. Happy to report I sold my last X-ray buggy. Hardly got anything for it, these things just donít hold any value with new kits coming out every year. Also nobody wants them because the parts are so exspensive.

That's odd, in my neck of the woods a well cared for second hand roller goes for near retail price (I've seen some go for more than the nerw price, if they have a few spars included)
Smokeyr67 is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.