Like Tree88Likes

Xray XB8

Old 08-12-2019, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I have a set of VRP pistons as I have used them in different cars before and really like them. I ran 6x1.3 with the soft bladders and as little rebound as I could get (about 10% front and rear) last Saturday and really liked the way the car handled. I added weight to the back to experiment and the car did not want to rotate. That said, I only ran the main and started last - sometimes the best position to avoid first lap mayhem. Picked off seven positions to finish 3rd with my first race with the car; even with having to rotate the car on the brakes to get it around tight corners. I am running 7/5/3 in the diffs and am really liking that setup diff wise.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Spads11 View Post
I have a set of VRP pistons as I have used them in different cars before and really like them. I ran 6x1.3 with the soft bladders and as little rebound as I could get (about 10% front and rear) last Saturday and really liked the way the car handled. I added weight to the back to experiment and the car did not want to rotate. That said, I only ran the main and started last - sometimes the best position to avoid first lap mayhem. Picked off seven positions to finish 3rd with my first race with the car; even with having to rotate the car on the brakes to get it around tight corners. I am running 7/5/3 in the diffs and am really liking that setup diff wise.

Haha! Nice! Starting from the back, going to third is pretty bad azz.

I had a similar issue with corner rotation once I did the MIP pistons (6x1.35, 550F-450R), they created too much traction overall at first. I went one compound harder on my tires and it was perfect, plus tires now last longer and stay more consistent. I also added weight at the back of the car initially, but took it off after testing with harder compound tires, as it was no longer needed. I'm currently running 6-6-3 in the diffs. My consistency ratio %, on Live RC scoring/lap times from the last race, was at 96% with this setup.