Like Tree83Likes

Xray XB8

Old 07-05-2019, 10:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by speedy2 View Post
Anyone driving the car in C-hub mode actually ?
Been running all summer C-hub version both Nitro and E-buggy. As there havent been much setups from Xray Team itself I been testing different setups. Car has lot of steering with C-hub that sometimes is too much when track gets rough. Biggest problem was cold weather and hard front arms but now mediums are working great and Xray came out with Soft arms also. Im not planning to go back ball suspension anytime soon.
Old 07-06-2019, 06:27 AM
Tech Regular

just set mine up in c-hub configuration haven't got to try it yet because of all the rain we be getting here i went with lighter rear shock oil moved the shocks down one hole to hoping to keep the rear grip
Old 07-08-2019, 04:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Hello,

what are some good spare spare parts to keep on hand for this buggy. Thanks.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mickey_B View Post
Hello,

what are some good spare spare parts to keep on hand for this buggy. Thanks.

All of the parts I have damaged have been on the front end, I run weekly on a very rough outdoor track.

Parts I've wrecked:

Front bulkhead (cracked)

Front lower steel pivot ball (slight bend)

Front shock body (had a minor dent)

Center Spur gear (landed on a rock hard and chipped two teeth off)

Front PBS arm (cracked in a very bad, high speed crash)

Some wear items:

Diff o-rings (they last a long time, but the summer heat will finish them off quick, I have one leaking now.)

8x16 bearings for the outer wheel hubs and PBS hubs (standard replacement item, my AVID bearings last longer)

This is the track I run on, both Nitro, and E-buggy, so as you can see the embedded rock, high speed big jumps, and ruts will cause some wear and damage. However, I have never broken out of a race with the PBS car.

Old 07-12-2019, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Originally Posted by TheWorstDriver View Post
All of the parts I have damaged have been on the front end, I run weekly on a very rough outdoor track.

Parts I've wrecked:

Front bulkhead (cracked)

Front lower steel pivot ball (slight bend)

Front shock body (had a minor dent)

Center Spur gear (landed on a rock hard and chipped two teeth off)

Front PBS arm (cracked in a very bad, high speed crash)

Some wear items:

Diff o-rings (they last a long time, but the summer heat will finish them off quick, I have one leaking now.)

8x16 bearings for the outer wheel hubs and PBS hubs (standard replacement item, my AVID bearings last longer)

This is the track I run on, both Nitro, and E-buggy, so as you can see the embedded rock, high speed big jumps, and ruts will cause some wear and damage. However, I have never broken out of a race with the PBS car.

https://youtu.be/dkYQd35muq8
Great Thanks...
Old 07-15-2019, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (99%+)

How is this buggy in comparison to the Mugen? I saw a couple this weekend and they looked really solid?
Old 07-16-2019, 11:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BIGTIME View Post
How is this buggy in comparison to the Mugen? I saw a couple this weekend and they looked really solid?
It carries corner speed better. It has better traction also without adding weight like we had to do with the mugen.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (99%+)

Any durability issues? What are Pros and Cons of this buggy.
Old 07-16-2019, 01:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

We have no durability issues in pillow ball configuration. Stock c hub arms are a problem in cold temps but they have made softer arms to correct this. My son is a team driver and I can tell you the team drivers hardly have any problems and people scratch their heads when they tell them they really do not have to carryspare arms and stuff. Bearings are probably the only thing outside of clutch shoes, springs and air filters that you will need.
TheWorstDriver likes this.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:18 AM
Tech Adept

I'm still looking for the Con! lol.

As far as durability, its true, I carry spare arms mostly because I wear them out. I literately have run/raced weekly since January on a very rough track, and have NEVER busted even one thing on the back of the car. I have wrecked a few parts on the front, but no buggy would have survived some of those crashes. I dont think people realize it can actually be cheaper to run a quality car over a long period of time, not to mention getting more drive time due to less wrenching.

Bearings, yes keep those in stock for sure. I run ceramics in the center drive train and standard bearing out at the wheels. I do also re-pin my driveshafts often, it reduces bearing wear from vibration throughout the car, and greatly prolongs the life of your diff out-drives. The pin replacement tool will pay back quick, pins are cheap. What I like most about this buggy, is that you know it is very, very competitive right out of the box, and mechanically sound to help insure you get it across the line.

The only upgrade might be some +1 and +2 wheel hubs to quickly play with stability and aggressiveness of the car. ...oh and 4 dot front springs. I shaved two seconds per lap with those two options, and increased consistency.