Like Tree65Likes

Xray XB8

Old 03-14-2019, 03:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Ricardo_d99 View Post

what setup are you running ? Got a pic ?
I added +2 hubs and made a ride-height adjustment to match. I would go up +2mm in height from what you are running with the +2 hubs. Possibly a little rebound could be run on this wider setup with good results. It makes sense a wider buggy track will add stability and traction, but also changes the length of the lever from wheel to pivot pin. Anyone have the ROAR max buggy track width in mm?

Stock Xray 2019 Setup (PBS)

Stock Xray XB8 2019

Old 03-14-2019, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TheWorstDriver View Post
I added +2 hubs and made a ride-height adjustment to match. I would go up +2mm in height from what you are running with the +2 hubs. Possibly a little rebound could be run on this wider setup with good results. It makes sense a wider buggy track will add stability and traction, but also changes the length of the lever from wheel to pivot pin. Anyone have the ROAR max buggy track width in mm?

Stock Xray 2019 Setup (PBS)

Stock Xray XB8 2019
you could change diffs to 7-6-3 that could help you get more mid corner steering also adding caster could help, using +2 hubs wouldnt really help it might rather hurt you.

Last edited by Ricardo_d99; 03-15-2019 at 03:56 PM.
Old 03-16-2019, 09:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks, I'll give that a shot this weekend. Probably drop the FFront pin down to start, and move those clips on the upper arm around as those are quick to test.

Are the E-buggies heaver? Wondering if thats what could be pushing those front arms to the breaking point, but I'm sure the cold doesn't help.
Couldn't wait until the weekend to try those recommended setup changes. lol. So I ran the lowest front lower arm kick up setting I could, (#1 down and in), and moved upper arm forwards to (2mm clips behind the arm). The track is a large, loose, open track with deep loam off the racing line, and sand over hard pack on the racing line. The track is moderately bumpy with blown out lips and jump faces. I did get more corner speed on this setup as well as front to back stability. This is a very easy to drive setup, with a bit more corner rotation. Gave up just a tiny bit of turn in, but gained in most other areas. I might try the 4 dot spring on the front during next shock rebuild, but otherwise I think I'm really close to a baseline for the PBS buggy on a large loose track.

- Tire: AKA Grid Iron 2 (soft long wear)
- Ride height: finished the run at (27mm Front and 29mm rear)
- Lowest Kick-up possible on front lower arms
- Moved upper front arm forward just a lil bit (now 2mm castor clips behind upper arm)
- +2 wheel hubs all around
- Front shock length at full droop 105.8mm front and 125.25mm rear
dgrobe2112 and BenPetz like this.
Old 03-16-2019, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

That's nice. Keep on tuning. The car reacts good to changes . U will definitely know if your going the right direction
Old 03-17-2019, 08:16 PM
Tech Adept

Couldn't wait until the weekend to try those recommended setup changes. lol. So I ran the lowest front lower arm kick up setting I could, (#1 down and in), and moved upper arm forwards to (2mm clips behind the arm). The track is a large, loose, open track with deep loam off the racing line, and sand over hard pack on the racing line. The track is moderately bumpy with blown out lips and jump faces. I did get more corner speed on this setup as well as front to back stability. This is a very easy to drive setup, with a bit more corner rotation. Gave up just a tiny bit of turn in, but gained in most other areas. I might try the 4 dot spring on the front during next shock rebuild, but otherwise I think I'm really close to a baseline for the PBS buggy on a large loose track.

- Tire: AKA Grid Iron 2 (soft long wear)
- Ride height: finished the run at (27mm Front and 29mm rear)
- Lowest Kick-up possible on front lower arms
- Moved upper front arm forward just a lil bit (now 2mm castor clips behind upper arm)
- +2 wheel hubs all around
- Front shock length at full droop 105.8mm front and 125.25mm rear
if you wanna get more turn in try a thinner front roll bar.
dgrobe2112 likes this.