Like Tree82Likes

Xray XB8

Reply

Old 06-20-2018, 05:52 AM
  #3856  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (33)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 2,370
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gt racing View Post
can you help me, what is "team room"?
i donīt want to know anything special about the car right now, thank you sir.
all i know is exactly what i wrote, almost zero proactive aftersales product user support.
as we all know aprox. 98% of a not properly working car is user/wrenching/set-up error, isnīt it?
the Xray pages on facebook have alot of support from many of the team drivers, and usually a car that is not working is mostly tires. having the right tires, cures most setup and speed issues.
twigstoy likes this.
dgrobe2112 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:53 AM
  #3857  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
symmetricon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 4,882
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dgrobe2112 View Post
all of the team setups are on the xray website as well. you can go to the xray page, and see what new parts are being produced.

New parts
https://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/ne...a8b23b7aa5cc48

Setups
XRAY - Model racing cars ? Setup sheets go to the search page, and type in the driver your looking for. all the team drivers are supposed to keep this updated for this reason.
On top of that, Ty's car has been pretty much running the same setup for months and has used it at multiple event. About the only thing he changes are the shock piston and oil setup. No secret voodoo parts that customers can't get, no secret setup information. It's all publicly available.
twigstoy likes this.
symmetricon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:59 AM
  #3858  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 607
Default

thank you guys very much, i will check that asap!

it would be cool anyway if they would create a short video about what he did at the roar nats and what they learned so far about the car.
gt racing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:00 AM
  #3859  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
symmetricon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 4,882
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Ty's winning setup.. his setup is pretty standard minus running thick diff fluids due to the high traction and temps.

file:///D:/Documents/Downloads/xb8_2018-TyTessmann-Roar-Nationals.pdf
http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...setup=xb8_2018

Last edited by symmetricon; 06-20-2018 at 10:31 AM.
symmetricon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:58 AM
  #3860  
Tech Master
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,657
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

I see that all of the setups are running the Medium front arms in the inner most inserts. It's my understand that this is because the arms are actually a little longer then the standard arms. Is this also the case for the graphite rear arms or are those arms the standard width that's included in the kit?
Kave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:04 AM
  #3861  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
symmetricon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 4,882
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kave View Post
I see that all of the setups are running the Medium front arms in the inner most inserts. It's my understand that this is because the arms are actually a little longer then the standard arms. Is this also the case for the graphite rear arms or are those arms the standard width that's included in the kit?
They are a very tiny amount longer due to the molds and cooling rates of the materials.. They run that setting for tuning purposes instead of compensating for for longer arms...
symmetricon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 11:31 AM
  #3862  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (33)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 2,370
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gt racing View Post
thank you guys very much, i will check that asap!

it would be cool anyway if they would create a short video about what he did at the roar nats and what they learned so far about the car.
he posted on his facebook page with his race report the changes he made, and what he did throughout the weekend.
dgrobe2112 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:41 PM
  #3863  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 1
Default

I've recently revived my XB808 to have some fun racing locally, but I need to get some more air filters. I assume air filters are fairly universal, being that the main thing that matters is the carb venturi and that they fit under the body - but is there anything else that may mean that the current XB8 filters might not fit the old XB808 buggy? Planning on buying 3 or 4 sets so I can just swap on race day without having to worry about cleaning at the track.
vortex_ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 06:43 PM
  #3864  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Adelaide..
Posts: 3,442
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone know if the XB8 tank with the float will bolt into the older XB808 buggy?
v0rtex is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 12:43 AM
  #3865  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 607
Default

Originally Posted by dgrobe2112 View Post
he posted on his facebook page with his race report the changes he made, and what he did throughout the weekend.
i checked his post race post, nothing found in there about his buggy in details...
my guess is, some of you xray team guys got offended in a way (which was not my goal) but i have the feeling that you got my point.
its not only xray, its almost all manufacturer except jq. sad but true.
no really in depth in detail about the main product they sell.
a manual to build a car with some advices in there is WAY not enough anymore. itīs not 1995 anymore. set-up book from xray is outdated, partly wrong and not in special made for xb8 ī18.
set-up data bases are (and thats my oppinion) useless, because there is sooo much room and difference in wrechning and building a car, even if this 2 cars are build to the same set-up sheet, they can handle completely different because of a different user/mechanic.
which brands oil used, how worn out is the car, etc etc.
people tell: " i tryed this īn that set-up, didnīt worked for me" or "how in the hell can he be fast with that". i know why.... because itīs just not transferable from car to car because of so many parameter that will be different even if used same set-up sheets.

hope some of you get the point, i try my best not to offend xray or xray driver, itīs a huge issue for others as well. as i work in the aftersales division for volkswagen i do get the point very good and customers wishes
i argued and shared my thoughts always with the distri and xray factory back when i was driving xray as a national team driver.
gt racing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 05:45 AM
  #3866  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 75
Default

Originally Posted by gt racing View Post
i checked his post race post, nothing found in there about his buggy in details...
my guess is, some of you xray team guys got offended in a way (which was not my goal) but i have the feeling that you got my point.
its not only xray, its almost all manufacturer except jq. sad but true.
no really in depth in detail about the main product they sell.
a manual to build a car with some advices in there is WAY not enough anymore. itīs not 1995 anymore. set-up book from xray is outdated, partly wrong and not in special made for xb8 ī18.
set-up data bases are (and thats my oppinion) useless, because there is sooo much room and difference in wrechning and building a car, even if this 2 cars are build to the same set-up sheet, they can handle completely different because of a different user/mechanic.
which brands oil used, how worn out is the car, etc etc.
people tell: " i tryed this īn that set-up, didnīt worked for me" or "how in the hell can he be fast with that". i know why.... because itīs just not transferable from car to car because of so many parameter that will be different even if used same set-up sheets.

hope some of you get the point, i try my best not to offend xray or xray driver, itīs a huge issue for others as well. as i work in the aftersales division for volkswagen i do get the point very good and customers wishes
i argued and shared my thoughts always with the distri and xray factory back when i was driving xray as a national team driver.
Could you please tell us what you are trying to do with your car? Exactly which car do you have?
twigstoy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 06:12 AM
  #3867  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
symmetricon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 4,882
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gt racing View Post
i checked his post race post, nothing found in there about his buggy in details...
my guess is, some of you xray team guys got offended in a way (which was not my goal) but i have the feeling that you got my point.
its not only xray, its almost all manufacturer except jq. sad but true.
no really in depth in detail about the main product they sell.
https://teamxray.com/xb8/2018/en/#18, it seems to me they made an depth detailing the car to me...

a manual to build a car with some advices in there is WAY not enough anymore. itīs not 1995 anymore. set-up book from xray is outdated, partly wrong and not in special made for xb8 ī18.
set-up data bases are (and thats my oppinion) useless, because there is sooo much room and difference in wrechning and building a car, even if this 2 cars are build to the same set-up sheet, they can handle completely different because of a different user/mechanic.
which brands oil used, how worn out is the car, etc etc.
people tell: " i tryed this īn that set-up, didnīt worked for me" or "how in the hell can he be fast with that". i know why.... because itīs just not transferable from car to car because of so many parameter that will be different even if used same set-up sheets.
All the Xray guys at Roar were running very similar setups and for the most part, Xray did quite well with the car. Are you saying even though they have very similar setups, their cars all drive differently, and how would you know this?
hope some of you get the point, i try my best not to offend xray or xray driver, itīs a huge issue for others as well. as i work in the aftersales division for volkswagen i do get the point very good and customers wishes
i argued and shared my thoughts always with the distri and xray factory back when i was driving xray as a national team driver.

Are you asking a question or making a point?
symmetricon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 06:30 AM
  #3868  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (33)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 2,370
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

@GT_racing.. every car and setup is different due to driving style, and surface. you cant replicate surface conditions weekly. especially a track like Nationals, with as many drivers running on the track and the track getting blown out. No one here is offended. Everyone here, team driver wise is very willing and able to help with any questions. the manuals, and setup books, share theory, and tips, that usually work for every car. I use the JQ setup guide alot for my car. the theory is there, so i try to use that theory, to apply to my particular driving style, and track condition.

What are you wanting details wise. As far as i know, and been told from the team, who share all the information, everything is readily available that they had on the car. shock pistons, shafts, oils, everything. some of it is not stock in the kit, due to testing, and trying different things, but 99% of the parts on the car is what anyone can get. what i mean by that, if they were running different shock shafts, they are available shock shafts. if they were running different arms than the kit, its an available part. Some parts are from older model cars, like the steering plate from the 2016 car. if there is anything not available, its a custom part made for testing purposes. but thats not that often. most testing parts, are done during practice.

Setup sheets are there to get people in the ball park of setup. each track, and driving style will need changing based off the driver. fact is, i dont drive as fast as ty, or other drivers, so using his exact setup wont work for me. i might could get away with softer oils, or, different shock locations because i dont downside perfectly everytime like pro drivers. Setup theory is the same for every car, weather its Xray, JQ, AE, mugen, it all works the same in theory.
dgrobe2112 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 04:03 PM
  #3869  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Adelaide..
Posts: 3,442
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Asked this earlier, but seems to have been buried:
Does anyone know if the XB8 tank with the float will bolt into the older XB808 buggy?
v0rtex is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 09:39 PM
  #3870  
Tech Master
iTrader: (29)
 
egobrkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,917
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by v0rtex View Post
Asked this earlier, but seems to have been buried:
Does anyone know if the XB8 tank with the float will bolt into the older XB808 buggy?
So according to the parts cross reference page you want fuel tank part number xra358604. Hope this helps
egobrkr is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service