Old 02-13-2017, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
End of the month.
RC America (new website in progress)
(214) 744-2400
Frank,
Do you know if RC America offers any type of active duty military pricing/promotions?
Old 02-13-2017, 09:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mickey_B
Frank,
Do you know if RC America offers any type of active duty military pricing/promotions?
Call them. I don't know.
Old 02-14-2017, 12:22 AM
Tech Addict

they´re mostly fixing problems of the ´16 car and selling it as a new car.
MAGIC marketing
Old 02-14-2017, 05:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by gt racing
they´re mostly fixing problems of the ´16 car and selling it as a new car.
MAGIC marketing
That's pretty funny😀A lot of truth to that.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Not really funny, more like smart marketing. Go look in all the other threads and see people complaining that their manufacture wont update the kits with the new option parts or revisions. Its well known every year Xray updates their kits with the revisions. No marketing when everyone knows there will be a revision in the following year.

Hell the brand i came from has new updated diffs that you have to purchase separate from the kit. So $600 kit plus $150+ in new updated diffs because that manufacturer didnt do the so called "magic" marketing.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:57 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rider313
Not really funny, more like smart marketing. Go look in all the other threads and see people complaining that their manufacture wont update the kits with the new option parts or revisions. Its well known every year Xray updates their kits with the revisions. No marketing when everyone knows there will be a revision in the following year.

Hell the brand i came from has new updated diffs that you have to purchase separate from the kit. So $600 kit plus $150+ in new updated diffs because that manufacturer didnt do the so called "magic" marketing.
it´s not that easy...
"V1" Diffs are listed and shown in the manuaql as "options" now.
(we all know no one will ever talk about & use again V1 diffs )
downstop screws that are essential because the stock ones are useless are "options" as well.
develop "all-new" diffs, but still 3 different outdrives!?

xray is already known as the "options" king for years.

anyway, the ´17 car of course will be better and now looks like the ´16 should have last year.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've had a great experience with my Xrays. Not just the XB8's. The 16 versions, nitro and electric, were my first. I have run Kyosho and Tekno. My honest opinion is that all the top brands are capable of being tuned into a top level race car. I changed to Xray mid season with both cars and don't regret it. Although the car does not feel as forgiving as my tekno did, I go faster with the x cars. I noticed and my racing buddies notice how tight my cars stay compared to theirs. I raced my nitro half the race season which is about when a car is just plain worn out. Mine is still tight and ready to race. With the exception of shock springs, there is not one aftermarket part on my cars. They come with everything one needs straight from the manufacturer.
Old 02-14-2017, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Yet the team guys I know are running a different front end than comes with the car. LOL! Not one of them is running the front end it came with. Each car has it challenges. Stop talking smack about everything else. A glass house is easily broken. Work hard and get most out of what ever brand you drive. No brand is perfect. But you determine what you get out of it with your effort. The current car is very good. When is the Ty Tessman edition coming out ?
Old 02-14-2017, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What front end are they running and why?
Old 02-14-2017, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

It was from the previous car I believe. From what I was told the new front end would not do what they wanted. Was inconsistent (would bind up). Maybe the newest is better. We have snow now. With the previous front end the buggy was great again. This is the first XRAY I would consider running.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Chris Reilly
It was from the previous car I believe. From what I was told the new front end would not do what they wanted. Was inconsistent (would bind up). Maybe the newest is better. We have snow now. With the previous front end the buggy was great again. This is the first XRAY I would consider running.
Very interesting! The reason they moved away from their own design to the 'conventional' pivot ball suspension aka Mugen, was exactly the reason you described!

NeoBuggy: So… why the pivot ball suspension?

Martin Bayer: The 2014 version of the XB8 used a unique pivot ball suspension with one horizontal and one vertical pivot ball, an idea used by Juraj already in 1986. So the change for 2016 to a more “conventional” pivot ball was not any fundamental change but I understand that it may look different. I really wanted to avoid the “copy jokes” and first tried to do all possible to cure the current suspension but all the solutions we tried to implement did not bring the desired results.

So in the end we came to the conclusion that sometimes to move forwards you have to look back. So at the end I have simply decided that I will face the “copy comments” but was convinced that the reliability improvement in the dusty conditions and the performance improvement on the rough tracks using the conventional pivot ball suspension will be appreciated by the customers who are the judges of my work. So here I am ready to face the comments ��
Old 02-15-2017, 11:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Just placed my pre order!!!!! very excited
Old 02-15-2017, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

you need to be careful which "team guys" you are watching up north then because there is no reason to run the '14/15 front end...... it was terrible.
Old 02-16-2017, 05:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by punkracer24
you need to be careful which "team guys" you are watching up north then because there is no reason to run the '14/15 front end...... it was terrible.
i thought the 14/15 system was good. certainly avoided the stripping of the plastic with the pivotball caps
Old 02-16-2017, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Just switching to xray what tuning springs, sway bars, and other tuning options should i have on hand?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.