Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
MP9 TKI3 and MP9 TKI3 Ready Set >

MP9 TKI3 and MP9 TKI3 Ready Set

MP9 TKI3 and MP9 TKI3 Ready Set

Old 12-04-2013, 01:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default MP9 TKI3 and MP9 TKI3 Ready Set

Does anybody know the exact differences between the MP9 kit and MP9 Ready set? All money and/or value asside are all parts completely interchangable?
Old 12-04-2013, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bellydragger View Post
Does anybody know the exact differences between the MP9 kit and MP9 Ready set? All money and/or value asside are all parts completely interchangable?
Can't tell u the exact differences, but I guarantee you all parts r interchangable it appears to b a cheap version of the tki, cheap linkage, prob cheap clutch, the towers n Upperdeck pieces r prob not aluminum! They appear to b really thin.......bet you it prob handles as good or better.....sometimes those cheap versions have more plastic n more flex! Generates more grip but may sacrifice some durability!!! If u think for a sec down the road you will start to upgrade things, don't even think twice just get a tki3! If your going to pass the ready set on to your son or friend or just bash n never race, then get the ready set!
Old 12-04-2013, 05:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Don't know exactly but noticed it has the famous phillip head wood type screws from the past, stamp aluminum towers and radio tray wire linkages....judging from past RTR sets from Kyosho, it prob has 2 internal diff gears in the diffs instead of 4, non lightend drive train, rear dogbones, center dogbones, and a non milled chassis, composite clutch shoes and some other minor stuff.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A7racer View Post
Don't know exactly but noticed it has the famous phillip head wood type screws from the past, stamp aluminum towers and radio tray wire linkages....judging from past RTR sets from Kyosho, it prob has 2 internal diff gears in the diffs instead of 4, non lightend drive train, rear dogbones, center dogbones, and a non milled chassis, composite clutch shoes and some other minor stuff.
I would say some major stuff, as the rtr version comes in almost 300 under the kit of the same car.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

shocks are aluminum threaded bodies too but have a different anodizing to it. other than whats already mentioned, I don't know of any other difference in it. Seems like a lot to me already. Plastics might me the earlier brittle arms from them getting rid of the old stock but who knows?
Old 12-05-2013, 04:32 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by A7racer View Post
I think sums up what i think the major stuff would be.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bellydragger View Post
The chassis and shock towers are not milled out. The shocks don't have boots on them. Other than that the RTR looks like a MP9 kit car.

I am very impressed with the value that this car represents.

Lee
Old 12-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Winner's Circle View Post
The chassis and shock towers are not milled out. The shocks don't have boots on them. Other than that the RTR looks like a MP9 kit car.

I am very impressed with the value that this car represents.

Lee
Thats what they want you to think.

Seriously, I am interested where the 300 +the price of all the rtr gear went. I will say the rtr equipment was 175 total. Where did over 575 dollars go?
Old 12-05-2013, 04:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Ready set also has helical cut Crown and Pinion. Disc brakes are stamped and has older style thin brake pads material. Differentials have 2 gears instead of 4.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Cvds in the front. Dog bones everywhere else.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TeamCaptain View Post
Ready set also has helical cut Crown and Pinion. Disc brakes are stamped and has older style thin brake pads material. Differentials have 2 gears instead of 4.
boo. two gear diffs, had those in my slash, had to put reducibly thick oil in to get any resistance.