Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
It seems  the electric car would certainly become the time main stream .. >

It seems the electric car would certainly become the time main stream ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It seems the electric car would certainly become the time main stream ..

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by blade329
That's one among many reasons why I prefer electric. I can go to the track and plop my car down and start running. I don't need a pit guy. I don't need to warm up my motor. I am unaffected by weather, etc. It's great.

Yea thats really why i converted to Electric all them things it got old.
Like i said before on here i got a lot more track time with 3 or more lipos of course.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Sorry, but to put it diplomatically, you guys are full of it if you think nitro is going to be banned. It'll take one news story about jobs being killed in hobby shops............. Just alarmist nonsense being spread by nitro haters. I'd be less surprised to see some story talking about how awful discarded lipos are...
It's not about banning its about the Clean air Act that has been signed into law.
In the karting world we are seeing the effects because one engine wont pass the EPA requirements, that one engine happen to be the main engine in dirt karting, the Brigg's flathead it is now gone because of the EPA laws.
It's going to come down to engine's will be shipped into the United States as kits

Trust me im no nitro hater, I still have several nitro engines and a couple of nitro 1/8 scale latemodels, but to shrug off the Clean air act is ignorant
http://www.epa.gov/air/caa/peg/

Maybe read a little and educate yourself on the subject, there were a bunch of thing's hidden within the clean air act that most people dont know.

I'm sure in the beginning that MotoX, ATV riders were saying the same thing, now that has come to pass for them, and each passing year different phases come into effect the next 2 are suppose to put and end to all 2 strokes in the US unless they are imported as race engines separate from the vehicle they go in, or they meet the EPA guidelines
Old 12-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Tech Prophet

Well in Herrsavage defense he is right about lipos when there discarded its still not so called clean its the same . But hell nothing is clean in the air the no matter what the BS Polictians say or the EPA which are idots.

I find it funny though when these Greeny people and are Goverment talk about how good full size Electric cars, are well guess what are power gird would never be able to handle chargeing lots of cars. Are yes its just as dirty .

Ok my rant is over lol. Back on topic.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

nitro nitro nitro nitro nitro
Old 12-10-2013, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Well in Herrsavage defense he is right about lipos when there discarded its still not so called clean its the same . But hell nothing is clean in the air the no matter what the BS Polictians say or the EPA which are idots.

I find it funny though when these Greeny people and are Goverment talk about how good full size Electric cars, are well guess what are power gird would never be able to handle chargeing lots of cars. Are yes its just as dirty .

Ok my rant is over lol. Back on topic.
Oh man, don't get me started on that subject

Green economy

I seriously think that eventually EPA will roll in and shut down the Nitro RC tracks.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by spunkysandoval
Oh man, don't get me started on that subject

Green economy

I seriously think that eventually EPA will roll in and shut down the Nitro RC tracks.

They might be listen to us cough NSA
Old 12-10-2013, 03:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

e buggy is a great class But. the thrill of running a nitro buggy or truggy blows it away. the sound and the way the car feels is totally different. most of the guys that run both will agree. its the premiere class in rc off road. thats why its not called the dirt electric challenge lol.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

They might be listen to us cough NSA
The question is not whether the NSA is listening; it is which person making posts on the site is the NSA troll
Old 12-10-2013, 05:56 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

I have never been to a track or heard of a track that didn't allow electric. The same cannot be said of nitro.

There are places that do not allow nitro due to noise ordinances. Many parks where several of my buddies and I will meet to rc and bbq for a few hours also are clear - No gas/fuel powered engines of any kind. Electric is not an issue at these parks, but nitro obviously would be.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Not sure why I just read this whole thread but I did and so now I must post.

I don't see nitro going away but it's numbers are certainly being hurt by the latest electric technology. At the club racing level electric can be considered " easier" and therefor appeals more to the instant gratification generation that is coming up in the world.

Now at the "expert" level the initial learning curve of electric is far more complicated I'm my experience. Top end ESC's have many different settings some of which can allow the user to fry the device in one run. I never really did understand the idea that a nitro is complicated, take the clutch out the equation and you are talking just a few settings. Your average engine can run the same glow plug all the time so now you are down to two adjustments HSN and LSN. On top of that learning to tune can be very easy if you actually pay attention to you engine, listen, smell, touch and you know what you have done when you make a change. Electric on the other hand just goes till it's dead if you have set something wrong and there is a good chance you are toast for the day.

This talk of the EPA etc is certainly valid and while I think it's a ways off, it really is just a matter of time. The same thing can be said for the gasoline powered car though.

I recently converted my nitro 1/8 to electric for the indoor season and while it's fun and certainly fast it's just doesn't get my adrenalin going like my nitro cars do. As someone else noted, the sound of 12 cars getting ready to start a long main is about as exciting as it gets in RC racing.

In the end it's really about what keeps the hobby alive, if it's electric so be it. Think of how many of us might be doing something far more detrimental to ourselves if we didn't have this lovely little hobby playing with toy cars.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:11 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by BlueStreakOne
The question is not whether the NSA is listening; it is which person making posts on the site is the NSA troll

Im joking chill.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:14 PM
Tech Regular

Im joking chill.
I'm joking too! Lmao