Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
MGT 8.0 VS LST XXL >

MGT 8.0 VS LST XXL

MGT 8.0 VS LST XXL

Old 11-30-2013, 05:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Default MGT 8.0 VS LST XXL

I am in the market for a new nitro monster truck. Im currently debating between the AE MGT 8.0 or a Losi LST XXL. I would want to know which is more durable, faster, better handling, and a better jumper.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:38 PM
Tech Champion

I'm a big Losi MT fan, so XXL.... The MGT is meant to be good too though. I'd much prefer the Losi's engine.. And shocks(weak point on MGT's)

The XXL is technically discontinued I think, btw.. Still lots of parts out there..

Both good, tough trucks.. The Losi is a more complete package though IMO. Jumping, handling, speed, durability, , etc..
Old 12-01-2013, 01:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Take it from someone who knows...

Losi LST XXL
I have an original LST still and still love it like day 1. I had an LST2 for a short time but saw no use for both trucks so I sold it off. The LST2 was a quality truck with lots of upgrades over the original LST but my LST was so well modded and upgraded I just didn't see keeping the LST2. I also have a Losi Muggy as well. It's basically a truggy with the LST suspension and it's AWESOME!

B.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Oh...and my buddy had the AE MGT and it was an okay truck but the LST trucks are totally superior in every way.

B.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Tech Rookie

What about truggies? Specifically the Losi 8ight T. How would it compare to the monster trucks?
Old 12-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sc308 View Post
What about truggies? Specifically the Losi 8ight T. How would it compare to the monster trucks?

Destroy it in every which way shape or form.

No finiky 2speed trannys to deal with, Less prone to breakage, Easier to service, parts are readily available, Will out jump/Climb a MT, No need for a Drive train crunching .28 Ie less fuel consumption. ect ect ect.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

If you're looking to go Truggy over Monster Truck, the 8ight-T is a great way to go. Also, I really like the Durango offering in this category. The only downfall with the Durango is parts availability depending on where you are. I've had the RC8T Championship Edition and it was downright unstoppable with a .25 SportWerks. My current MUGGY I run a .28 in and it's unstoppable. I don't have my 8ight-T anymore and it's now electrified with my buddy running the Castle Creations MMM/2200 combo and it's UNSTOPPABLE. I like that word today. Had a Jammin' Truggy as well several years ago and it was fun but I think my favorite is my MUGGY by a mile.

B.