Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
A/T tire and wheel combo >

A/T tire and wheel combo

A/T tire and wheel combo

Old 11-24-2013, 11:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default A/T tire and wheel combo

I'm looking for a good all-terrain tire for my Losi 8T. Honestly most of the running I do is on the street or in the grass. I would still like some decent performance in the dirt and longevity is a concern too. I know this is asking a lot but I was hoping y'all could help. I've been looking at what is available but it is rather overwhelming with all of the options. Also, I am trying to not change the overall gear ratio by drastically changing the diameter of the tire. Thanks. edit: I thought I read somewhere that the Traxxas 17mm hex design was not compatible with Losi's. Is this the case?
Old 11-24-2013, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rydaddy View Post
I'm looking for a good all-terrain tire for my Losi 8T. Honestly most of the running I do is on the street or in the grass. I would still like some decent performance in the dirt and longevity is a concern too. I know this is asking a lot but I was hoping y'all could help. I've been looking at what is available but it is rather overwhelming with all of the options. Also, I am trying to not change the overall gear ratio by drastically changing the diameter of the tire. Thanks. edit: I thought I read somewhere that the Traxxas 17mm hex design was not compatible with Losi's. Is this the case?
If you are looking fro a good all around tire, the AKA Ibeams, PL BowTies or the JC Crosshairs would be your best bet IMO. I would go in Medium coupound for logevity. (Yellow for JC, M2 for PL, Med for AKA).

For your Losi 8T ( not a 2.0) you will need 1/2 offset wheels to fit correctly. I believethats why the Traxxas wont fit but not 100% sure.

I do, BTW, have 2 sets of bashing sets that I have had for a few years just sitting on the shelf in my garage. $40 shipped. Pm me for details.