Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!! >

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!

Old 11-20-2013, 06:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!

im new to the rc game, i purchased a HSP bug crusher from nitrotek, could not wait for it to turn up.. it got here.. was bouncing around like a big kid, untill i opened it. PROBLEMS right out the box, not happy!!! after the basic checks i had read that i needed to do i went for the first start. there appeared to be fuel spraying from the heat sink inbetween the head and sink. i dont know alot about these but from what i had read on various websites people say to try tightning the bolts, i did this to find that the hole one of the bolts goes into, the thread is erm... F****d.. and the bolt wont thread all the way in.. i then noticed that after removing the bolt that wouldnt go in, that the thread on the head bolt is also ruined.. kinda looks like the thread in the hole and bolt have cross threaded and ruined it.. the bolt will now just freely push into the hole about 1/4 of the way in.. and wont screw. i then found a second bolt had actually snapped and a small portion of the head was screwed into the sink and the rest of the screw thread was under the sink screwed partiallty into the head. this car is brand new never used and found these problems before even getting to try to run it it. does anyone have any ideas what i could do to fix the thread inside the hole it goes into? as i could just get new bolts.. or should i be pushing to get this whole car replaced? i read so many horror stories of rc cars not being put together properly but never exspected it to happen straight out the box to me :/ build quality control isnt great.. can someone please help me? if you ever had this problem yourself? what did you do? where do i stand with nitrotek? sorry about the massive essay and if it doesnt make much sense but as i say im new and getting really frustrated. something i looked forward to so much is becoming very dissapointing very quickly and if someone could get me back ontrack would be much appriciated.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Contact the retailer and ask to have this faulty item replaced, HSPoo as the brand is known is not a good way to start in RC, cheap price, cheap product plain and simple
Old 11-20-2013, 08:16 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I agree with Sam, you need at the very least a whole new engine. Don't wait! Get in touch with them immediately and also contact your payment company (PayPal, credit card) and open a dispute.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:40 PM
Tech Rookie

My girlfriend paid direct debit for it so we can't open a dispute, iv been reading so many horror stories of people who have had a complete nightmare with nitrotek trying to get any responses and or there money back/ exchange.. Starting to worry me abit.. Not too sure legally what I have to do to follow guidelines to getting it delt with.. I don't care what they try and say I know that truck was brand new untouched and was not put together properly so disappointed!! Should of paid the extra 40 and got hpi firestorm? Only 2wd but better company?
Old 11-20-2013, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just one of the benefits of buying from a local hobby shop if you can. They will be there to help you and get you set up. Even if they can't replace something they will at least help to get you going.

I understand there are some that don't have this option however if your new to the hobby I always recommend buying local.

If you do have a local place take it down there and explain what your situation is. They will help you because they want your future business.