Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Silicone oil question >

Silicone oil question

Silicone oil question

Old 11-17-2013, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Default Silicone oil question

I almost feel the need to apologize for starting an own thread on this, but I've been using a different brand of shock oil the last three weeks, and I started noticing that it seems to become considerably softer after about 2 tanks on the track.
To me this seems like the oil heats up and then changes consistency.

By this I mean, I've been playing with my setup, and in the pit I will push down on the motor (because it's the middle of the car), to see if it's sorta feeling balanced, and it feels like a certain resistance. Then I go on the track, run one tank, feels allright, refuel and run another, car gets all nervous and slides about the rear end, I then pull in the pits and the shocks feel really soft if I push down on the car again, really really soft.

So the question is: Does this mean this brand of shock oil isn't very good, I mean I can't remember having had this happen to me before? Does it really heat up and change? Am I being silly here or is this really the case with some oils? Please advice.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:10 PM
Tech Regular

yes it does happened at most silicone oil,, heats up ur shocks first, then reset ur rideheight , etc. Im using losi oil, i like to ran it 1 tankfull on the track then reset rideheight.