Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
losi 810 mega conversion >

losi 810 mega conversion

losi 810 mega conversion

Old 11-09-2013, 05:13 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default losi 810 mega conversion

I don't know why I did this but why do any of us spend money on this hobby...

I fitted a losi 350,pipe, and 8ight 2.0 fuel tank.
lots of modifications need to be done. some were already done like the ofna adjustable motor mount, 8ight E diff gear (needs drilled out to about 49/64 or 25/32 which is slightly larger than 3/4 i didn't measure it I used a file after I drilled it with a step drill bit to fit on center diff) acendancy racing 4 shoe alum clutch (no longer in business) (the eight2.0 clutch should work in it's place)
needed to drill a new mount hole for pipe and tank. but that's nothing. the other obstacle was the mount holes in the chassis needed to be made a bit bigger. I have access to CNC machines at work. could be done with a dremel and a steady hand. I also had to drill 2 new holes in the motor since I didn't want to make more holes in the chassis to move the mounts back more. also need to cut some of the center diff cover back to fit tank in there. I know some of you didn't on your larger tank conversions but with the bigger pipe I needed the tank as close to the diff as possible. also needed to remove about 1/4" of the chassis side guard to allow the pipe to be moved a little bit away from the tank.

too much $ and a lot of work but it turned out great. this motor is loads better than the 3.4. I've only ran about 1/2 a tank through it so far. cant wait to tune it to see what it can do. I also bought all new drive line components. I figured this motor is going to start breaking stuff

size difference.

Last edited by mtpocketsracing; 11-09-2013 at 07:37 PM.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Looks like its gonna be fun! Can't wait till the videos!
Old 11-13-2013, 04:28 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

actually it's not a whole lot faster than the 3.4. that's really surprising since it's supposed to be used in a car over a pound heavier.

need suggestions on gearing. I have a 17T clutch bell on it now. I got the 17 because it was about the same diameter as the stock clutch. losi uses that odd ball pitch so I also had to find a spur and I can't remember the tooth count but i want to say it's a 43 or 44. i thought this setup would yield higher top end but it seems to peter out at about 35mph