Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
hudy setup station??? >

hudy setup station???

hudy setup station???

Old 11-05-2013, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default hudy setup station???

I just got the 1/8 one along with truggy plate. Is there anything else I am going to need? What do the stickers for the boards do exactly? Never used one before, just want to make sure I have everything I need on the way. Thanks
Old 11-05-2013, 05:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

you need the droop blocks, the finger wheel nuts, and the set-up wheels to make it complete. The decals for the board are so you can measure track width
Old 11-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What's your take on the droop blocks. i was using mine and my buddy said he did not see the purpose in using the 30 mm droop blocks being that my ride height setting on my buggy was not 30 mm. Any ideas?
Old 11-05-2013, 06:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by artis1 View Post
What's your take on the droop blocks. i was using mine and my buddy said he did not see the purpose in using the 30 mm droop blocks being that my ride height setting on my buggy was not 30 mm. Any ideas?
It gives you a repeatable accurate baseline is what I thought
Old 11-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

The arms need to be at full down travel in order to set and measure droop properly. You cannot achieve that unless the car is on a stand or lifted off the table (droop blocks) of course you can save the money and just cut some wood to 30mm but that's kinda ghetto considering all the coinage you just shelled out for the set up station.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I use the droop blocks every time I use the station. Gets accurate repeatable numbers
Old 11-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Tech Addict

No need for the sticker sheet or the set up wheels, the wheels stay in my bag and not sure why I got them now since if you set up on station with droop blocks everything is perfect when it comes off, most of my settings on radio stay around 0 its so accurate.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ok I know what is was now. In the Hudy manual for a buggy it says when setting the camber you need to have the 30mm blocks in place and press down on your buggy while adjusting the camber....When he saw that he questioned the purpose of the 30mm droop probably because they are 30mm blocks and my ride height was set beneath that. Initially i said setting droop but the droop setting concept makes complete logical sense.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ok I know what is was now. In the Hudy manual for a buggy it says when setting the camber you need to have the 30mm blocks in place and press down on your buggy while adjusting the camber....When he saw that he questioned the purpose of the 30mm droop probably because they are 30mm blocks and my ride height was set beneath that. Initially i said setting droop but the droop setting concept makes complete logical sense.
Yeh don't worry what your ride height is, as someone else said run the 30mm blocks to get a repeatable baseline reading at 30mm.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:22 PM
Tech Regular

Wow I don't know why I haven't picked one of these up sooner! I was within reason using the caliper and camber gauge, but found I was off .5 degree(at most) or so on all four wheels(because of wheel variance). Where I found this thing to be awesome is how much I was off on toe and being able to take all the trim out of radio and set everything laser straight. I bet if I had a video I am sawing at the wheel far less now. Has really made a huge difference in handling and I had no clue it was that far off. Don't have the 30mm blocks yet but that's next.