Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Best way to STORE you Tires for the Winter Season? >

Best way to STORE you Tires for the Winter Season?

Best way to STORE you Tires for the Winter Season?

Old 11-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)
Default Best way to STORE you Tires for the Winter Season?

I have quit a few sets of tires that I use for outdoor racing that I will not be using for indoors and normally clean them and store them in a zip-lock bag but didn't know if there was anything different I need to do for storing these for 6 months until spring racing hits.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

That's all I do. If clean them with simple green or scrubbing bubbles bathroom cleaner they stay tacky in the bag. And actually there's a simple green knock off at the dollar stores that works really good. Forget the exact name. With the old foams I was afraid of Ziploc breaking down foam with chemicals but closed cell new foam seems to hold up for me
Old 11-05-2013, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

^^^ extreme green...works quite well for all rc cleaning. Keep you tires out of light if possible.UV is no good for them and also use the tire bags provided with your tires. Don't use grocery store zip lock bags if possible.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE PHILLY JYNX View Post
^^^ extreme green...works quite well for all rc cleaning. Keep you tires out of light if possible.UV is no good for them and also use the tire bags provided with your tires. Don't use grocery store zip lock bags if possible.
^^^^This X2! Jimmy
Old 11-06-2013, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Where do you buy the extreme green from?
Old 11-06-2013, 08:51 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Its cheaper to buy the gallon jug of concentrated Simple Green from Lowes or Home Depot. It's about $20 for the gallon but it makes 50 spray bottles. That's allot cheaper than $1 a bottle and it lasts 2 years. That stuff from the dollar store has about an ounce of actual cleaner in it and the rest is water. I do buy the dollar cans of pledge though. The wax coating it puts on the plastics makes cleaning the cars allot easier.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
Where do you buy the extreme green from?
Sorry JoeC its called Mean Green...had to go over in shop and look at the jug. Its great on everything RC. tires/cleaning diff gears/ engines. I don't dilute it I spray it on and blow it off with compressor. Its about $26 for 4 gallons. $6 a gallon. here is some info on it....http://www.meangreendegreaser.com/industrial-strength

Last edited by THE PHILLY JYNX; 11-06-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

So, you guys are saying, you DON'T throw them in the fire place and burn them to stay warm in the winter? I thought everyone did. huh
Old 11-06-2013, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE PHILLY JYNX View Post
Sorry JoeC its called Mean Green...had to go over in shop and look at the jug. Its great on everything RC. tires/cleaning diff gears/ engines. I don't dilute it I spray it on and blow it off with compressor. Its about $26 for 4 gallons. $6 a gallon. here is some info on it....http://www.meangreendegreaser.com/industrial-strength
Philly does it turn the plastic white? All I have ever used has been simple green besides one time I used purple power and it whited out my plastics.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gixxer420 View Post
Philly does it turn the plastic white? All I have ever used has been simple green besides one time I used purple power and it whited out my plastics.
No.... but have only used it on kyosho plastic