Community
Wiki Posts
Search

convert 777 to big bore shock set up

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 03:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile convert 777 to big bore shock set up

If any one could steer me in the right direction on a set of big bore shocks for 777 chassis it would be great. They definitely Dont need to be kyosho shocks, also I've heard that front and rear universal shafts need to be changed along with top mounts on shock towers. The help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:13 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitowagon
If any one could steer me in the right direction on a set of big bore shocks for 777 chassis it would be great. They definitely Dont need to be kyosho shocks, also I've heard that front and rear universal shafts need to be changed along with top mounts on shock towers. The help would be greatly appreciated.
Good luck if you try to use non kyosho parts

mp9 shock set from www.dollarhobbyz.com and I believe the mp9 universals will also fit as far as shaft length
Old 11-03-2013, 08:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

You will need the front shocks off the MP9 and the rears off of the ST-RR. The MP777 uses a longer rear shock than the MP9. You're on your own for non-Kyosho alternatives. If you're racing, use the Kyosho shocks. Also, you will need the taller shock stands for the towers. Infernosonly is a great source for needed small parts.

The standard front universals will rub with the big bores, so use the lightweight front universal set.

Good luck!
Old 11-03-2013, 05:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (97%+)

Just keep the stock shocks.. Theres even a guy with a 777 with the stock shocks at my local track and he does really well with it. By the time you upgrade universals and get the kyosho shocks you will have spent more than the buggy is even worth.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 777 thanks

Thank you for the help . run kyosho, ofna, mugen and associated. Sticking with a roller is what I want to totally achieve and get the best out of until I can achieve the most.