Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
what do you think is better???? >

what do you think is better????

what do you think is better????

Old 10-31-2013, 04:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Exclamation what do you think is better????

Hey there gear heads!! I am going to ask a question that is commonly asked...REDS or NOVAROSSI??? What do you guys think????
Old 10-31-2013, 05:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

That's like choosing between Lamborghini and Ferrari. Both are great companies with quality products. Both get above average fuel mileage, both are easy to tune. The Picco/Reds stuff is easier to break in and doesn't take nearly as long as nova based engines, but you can probably run a nova a couple gallons more than a Reds or Picco when broken in properly and given it's full break in time(1 1/2+ gallons for a nova.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

I have both motors,on road 21 (3.5cc).There both great motors with different powerbands .Im a Novarossi guy but am very impressed with the Reds 12 and 21 motors .They are easy to tune and keep in tune like the Novarossi motors .I have a Reds XL 7 Team edition and a Novarossi Flash special tuned edition.Personnal preference for most people but I like them both equally.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Danny B View Post
That's like choosing between Lamborghini and Ferrari. Both are great companies with quality products. Both get above average fuel mileage, both are easy to tune. The Picco/Reds stuff is easier to break in and doesn't take nearly as long as nova based engines, but you can probably run a nova a couple gallons more than a Reds or Picco when broken in properly and given it's full break in time(1 1/2+ gallons for a nova.
Nova's take 1 1/2 gallons to break in?
Old 10-31-2013, 08:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Break in time can vary from every single person that breaks in a engine. No single person breaks in a single engine the same way as the next person. Yes you can use the same method but it can take different amounts of fuel to get the engine to "Drop it's nuts" I have ran both reds-r5t and nova-both maxys cinco tuned and sitie tuned and both have been amazing mills. The reds was much easier to break in then the nova but I pushed for it to drop a little fast cause I needed the engine just a few days after I got it. But don't limit your self to a brand. Maybe that's what looks pretty to you but don't forget other great brand such as werks, alpha, rb, ect. The only engine I have not tested is go..... And I must say I haven't found a bad mill out of the major brand yet. All have served as they were needed.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:48 AM
Tech Champion

There need to be more un-fanboy-ish posts like that when it comes to engines... Well said.