Like Tree4Likes

Mugen MBX7T

Old 03-21-2014, 08:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Just a thought to the guys that say it looks really similar to the 6tr, the truggy I assume will have most of the same updates the buggy did and although it look very similar that buggy had far more updates and changes that made it a very fast and competitive buggy. I assume this truggy will be fantastic just as the buggy is. Also keep in mind it is not as if the 6 really lacked anywhere on the track it did hold 2 spots on the podium for Pro Truggy at this years Dirt Nitro Challenge, it was not lacking speed or consistency anywhere on the track. Many loved the easy to drive 6r buggy and maybe that was traded just a small bit for flat out faster in every way on the MBX7 but there are very few people that are not even faster with the 7 buggy than the 6. I personally cant wait for my chance to race one of these new truggys I have no doubt that mugen just made the best truggy even better.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adubaz7 View Post
Just a thought to the guys that say it looks really similar to the 6tr, the truggy I assume will have most of the same updates the buggy did and although it look very similar that buggy had far more updates and changes that made it a very fast and competitive buggy. I assume this truggy will be fantastic just as the buggy is. Also keep in mind it is not as if the 6 really lacked anywhere on the track it did hold 2 spots on the podium for Pro Truggy at this years Dirt Nitro Challenge, it was not lacking speed or consistency anywhere on the track. Many loved the easy to drive 6r buggy and maybe that was traded just a small bit for flat out faster in every way on the MBX7 but there are very few people that are not even faster with the 7 buggy than the 6. I personally cant wait for my chance to race one of these new truggys I have no doubt that mugen just made the best truggy even better.
Yes the 6tr is a fast consistent truggy to drive, if the 7 buggy is anything to go by this new 7t should be a weapon, we are soon going to find out.
I think theres been alot of anticipation with new truck.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

OFFICIAL RELEASE!!!!

http://www.rcnews.net/2014/03/24/mug...-nitro-truggy/
Old 03-24-2014, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Looking like most of he changes are a directly from the 7 buggy which i would of expected as well as adjustable track width which sound cool.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Wonder why no clunk tank? Still, can't wait to get it!
Old 03-24-2014, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No talk about the electric version of the MBX7T. I hope there is an electric kit and not just a conversion.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Its easy to make a non clunk tank a clunk. Did it to my 6TR in about 15 minutes. This truck looks like it will be hooked. Definitely can't wait.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

That article never said if it uses the new shorter front shocks or the old longer front shocks.

It would've been cool if it came with the 4mm shock shafts like the SWorkz... maybe they're saving it for the 7R & 7TR?

Originally Posted by Nitro Tiger View Post
adjustable track width which sound cool.
Pretty sure they just mean adding/removing shims on the pillowballs to adjust the track... which you could do with basically all the MBX's from the start. Problem is it lengthens the steering linkage, which changes the bump steer...hence why they make + hubs on the buggy to change track width that way.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

guys did you notice the location of all the components... the only thing they did to the chassis is extended the rear (Similar to HB) so everything from the engine going forward should be the same as buggy minus suspension parts and linkages for such...

should be killer in the corner...
Old 03-24-2014, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kgombe View Post
guys did you notice the location of all the components... the only thing they did to the chassis is extended the rear (Similar to HB) so everything from the engine going forward should be the same as buggy minus suspension parts and linkages for such...

should be killer in the corner...
There is nothing wrong with an extended rear...
Old 03-24-2014, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

I think the chassis is the same length. The article says, quoted, "Mugen concentrated on creating the Truggy that would carry natural corner speed with new long length front and rear suspension arms."

This means the arms are longer. I bet it will have +2mm buggy hex's on all four corners. Most likely captured hinge pins also. Steering assembly, and diff's also got the 7 treatment.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by portyansky View Post
There is nothing wrong with an extended rear...
ummh ok
Old 03-25-2014, 04:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rider313 View Post
I think the chassis is the same length. The article says, quoted, "Mugen concentrated on creating the Truggy that would carry natural corner speed with new long length front and rear suspension arms."

This means the arms are longer. I bet it will have +2mm buggy hex's on all four corners. Most likely captured hinge pins also. Steering assembly, and diff's also got the 7 treatment.
the truggy maybe the same length as the 6TR what i was stating is that the weight is move all the way up front.. and the chassis is just extended in the rear from the Buggy design.. the 6TR was extended in the front and the rear giving a more central weighted truck...

maybe this is what you meant as well..
Old 03-25-2014, 04:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kgombe View Post
the truggy maybe the same length as the 6TR what i was stating is that the weight is move all the way up front.. and the chassis is just extended in the rear from the Buggy design.. the 6TR was extended in the front and the rear giving a more central weighted truck...

maybe this is what you meant as well..
right on the money.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Any idea on a release date or a pre order date?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service