Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Thinking if selling my xray 808 what to get >

Thinking if selling my xray 808 what to get

Thinking if selling my xray 808 what to get

Old 08-12-2013, 03:26 PM
Tech Adept

Default Thinking if selling my xray 808 what to get

I might sell my 808 as a kit what would be the best kit for me thinking about a used mbx-6R or MBX-6 but what do you guys think would be a good used buggy and how much should I sell my xray for
Old 08-12-2013, 03:51 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Alexnailey692 View Post
I might sell my 808 as a kit what would be the best kit for me thinking about a used mbx-6R or MBX-6 but what do you guys think would be a good used buggy and how much should I sell my xray for
Well in my opinion the Mugen is a downgrade from the 808, get an XB9. He'll I will sell u a used XB9 '12 I used for 6 months at most since I always have 2 of each car for $275 shipped
Old 08-12-2013, 04:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Not really sure what the 808 is worth anymore now that the XB9 has come out and already on it's 2nd revision. I have 2 complete 808 11' models with enough spares to make a 3rd and get sick to my stomach what little it is worth today. Still a good buggy in my opinion for the average joe.
As for a new to you buggy, I would look at spending a little extra and get a used Kyosho TKI3 you wont be disappointed. Or if out of the budget, maybe a used JQ yellow roller. Awesome buggy with very inexpensive parts compared to the xray and Kyosho. Good luck with you decision.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alexnailey692 View Post
Am not sure which 808 you have, but I would reconsider getting the xray again xb9, it is a totally different car nothing compared like the 808.

It is much easier to drive just as tough as the 808 if not tougher, and easier to maintain, with much less maintenance. The new xb9'13 is supposed to be even better then the xb9 version one, whcih I find hard to believe, since I found the xb9 version that i ran last season to be flawless.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shesha View Post
Am not sure which 808 you have, but I would reconsider getting the xray again xb9, it is a totally different car nothing compared like the 808.

It is much easier to drive just as tough as the 808 if not tougher, and easier to maintain, with much less maintenance. The new xb9'13 is supposed to be even better then the xb9 version one, whcih I find hard to believe, since I found the xb9 version that i ran last season to be flawless.
No the 2013 is better, maintenance wise, i am finding i have to replace my driveshaft pins less now since the angle of the driveshafts from front to rear is pretty close to straight. On top of that, the amount the car free rolls now is great versus the previous which was not bad. 2013 also has better steering than the 2012 without having to buy the 5 deg blocks.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by shesha View Post

I have the 10 spec
Old 08-14-2013, 06:54 PM
Tech Champion

The Mugen is a serious downgrade. I ran my Muge 3 races and ran back to my Xray.

Get an Xb9.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stevetford View Post
Not really sure what the 808 is worth anymore now that the XB9 has come out and already on it's 2nd revision. I have 2 complete 808 11' models with enough spares to make a 3rd and get sick to my stomach what little it is worth today. Still a good buggy in my opinion for the average joe.
As for a new to you buggy, I would look at spending a little extra and get a used Kyosho TKI3 you wont be disappointed. Or if out of the budget, maybe a used JQ yellow roller. Awesome buggy with very inexpensive parts compared to the xray and Kyosho. Good luck with you decision.
Why this guy said^^^...at least with the Kyosho. I will warn you though, its not cheap