Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When to leave intermediate

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I think they done it so more people had a shot at a plaque! Lol. That was my first ever big race and I was running low 30's/high 29's and made A main electric truggy. Had a helluva time!
Old 07-22-2013, 08:02 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If you want to go faster, you have to put in the work. Practice with a purpose, and have your car perfect every time it hits the track. Go as fast as you can without making mistakes. If you are crashing, you are doing it wrong. If you get faster, the sand baggers won't matter. Don't focus on what others are doing, or which class they should be running. Focus on making yourself better (if that is what you want), otherwise don't complain.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Originally Posted by ifuonlyknew
If you want to go faster, you have to put in the work. Practice with a purpose, and have your car perfect every time it hits the track. Go as fast as you can without making mistakes. If you are crashing, you are doing it wrong. If you get faster, the sand baggers won't matter. Don't focus on what others are doing, or which class they should be running. Focus on making yourself better (if that is what you want), otherwise don't complain.
Thanks for the encouraging words. Not very helpful.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anyone with any deal should NOT be in Intermediate/Intro etc. RC Pro stipulates this pretty well.

I just got back into nitro this year after almost 8 yrs off, and run Open in RC Pro and Pro in MWNS and consistently run in the B-main. People that sandbag are a joke, and are doing themselves a huge disservice. There's a HUGE difference between people that can drive fast, and people that can drive fast while racing close. And they don't get that skill set while racing people much slower than themselves.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

Hyperfuxx,

I'm the guy that won the inter truggy class. I'm also not sponsored by anyone.

Philosophically I agree and know how you feel.

At the Dirt NC this year I was in 40+ A main and was standing next to 5 pro's. Pavidas, Saxton, Baker, Baittle, one other - too old to remember that far back lol! Not fun getting mowed over every lap!!!! The original concept of 40+ was to let us older people still be competitive. At 40 you still have alot of your skills, 50 your eye sight is going, depth perception is going and hand eye coordination is slowing down. At 60 its hard to stand for a 30 minute race without cramping up and needing to go for a piss!!!!!!!!!!

I am 60 and my skills are dropping every year. In the 3rd qualifier (getting dark) I basically closed my eyes and pulled the trigger to get over the big double!!!!! In a few years I will be doing good to be in the middle of the inter class and a few years after that I will be at the bottom. There is no system for us racers that are aging.

I would like to propose a 50+ class just like other sports. Take golf for example. When you turn 50 you get to play in the seniors tournaments. If you win the tournament you don't get kicked back to playing with the 20 yr olds.

Thoughts anyone?
Old 07-22-2013, 09:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I think if u can put 2 or more laps on the Feild of the class u are in you should move up. Or be forced to move up. Especially in big events. I get clumping everyone together at a club level. But not in big events. My two sons have been racing just under a year now. And it burns my ass when some one racing intermediate start yelling and complaind from the stand for them to move bc they r in the way of the two or three guys putting them laps down. If u don't want to deal with the rookies move up. i was under the inpression intermideate was where we learn and cut our teeth in racing.Typically my two are middle bmain racers at big events. And at the club level. They finish descent every weekend. I remind them every race to do there best to get out of the way. But agin at there leval they r still fully focused on making laps with out crashing. Not focused on the guys putting 3 maby 4 laps on the feild. I want them to learn and be sucessful. When they need to move up I will move them up. I figure most faster people would not want to run intermeidate to begin with bc of us rokies. I also get how roar do there big events. Put everyone in one class let the chips fall where they may. And for that reason we did not go to the nats this year bc I felt we would just be in the way. I figured they need another year or two under there belt befor we go to an event like that. Our first ever out of state race will be the southern nats in oct. just to get a gauge of how they stack up with the rest of the country. My rant is done. Lol
Old 07-23-2013, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

http://www.liverc.com/view_result_fi...k_(A_Main).xml

Here are the results from the Intermediate Truck A Main. Looks like the top 3 were much faster than the rest of the field. I for one don't like the idea of Intermediate, Expert, and Pro class. I think the qualifiers should be used to sort everyone out. If you're faster than the next guy you'll find a way around him. After a resort you'll be racing with guys closer to your speed anyway. If a faster guys has bad luck during qualifying, he can usually bump up from the C to B to A main.

This is how it's done in the Minnesota Nitro Series and it works out just fine.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

IMHO it should be Pro and Open at big races. At the club level or regional races one big class Nitro Buggy or Nitro Truggy.
As far as lapping/being lapped...
Slower guys will get lapped, its what happens. I have been lapped plenty of times and now I seem to be on the up and up so I am putting some laps on guys. I just hang out a distance behind them just enough to put pressure on them. They can either make room for me or I'll drive by or over when a mistake is made. By no means will I shout that I am coming through and just bowl over another car. I take my time and when the door opens I go through. Now there are some guys that I make contact with but thats just fun with friends or get someone fired up on the stand... At my local track you hear a lot of chatter on the stand, some times good some times bad. When the leader/leaders are coming through a lot of time they tell guys to hold their line and will make the pass when the time comes. It really sucks when someone goes to make room when the leader is planning to take the outside and then both cars are tangled up.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Pre seed by sampling practice lap times. No resort is needed then. Or you can still resort but there wont be much change.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

IMO - anyone with ANY kind of Chassis Sponsor should be made to run pro. Doesn't Joey do this at his events? Personally if you dont carry a Chassis Sponsor, the rest dont matter. It means nothing.

It just shows that there is ALOT of people out there that don't deserve or have earned a Sponsorship. They are not fast enough to run in Pro, but sandbag in lower levels. I've seen this at many events. Sponsorship is all about who you know, very little to do with skill. This causes quite a few new people to quit the hobby. oh well.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you're running Sportsman, you shouldn't have any sponsors, IMHO. You shouldn't be quick enough... If you're sponsored--Open or Pro, dependent on your skill sets.

I personally don't believe in running one big class for large(r) races. You're going to hurt turnout ALOT. No one is going to want to race if they're going to finish 120th out of 140 people in a single class.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Imbue
If you're running Sportsman, you shouldn't have any sponsors, IMHO. You shouldn't be quick enough... If you're sponsored--Open or Pro, dependent on your skill sets.

I personally don't believe in running one big class for large(r) races. You're going to hurt turnout ALOT. No one is going to want to race if they're going to finish 120th out of 140 people in a single class.
At the request of the racers, we run one class here and there have been no complaints. Its fun to see where you REALLY stack up and It eliminates sandbaggers and shuts a lot of people up....
Old 07-23-2013, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
At the request of the racers, we run one class here and there have been no complaints. Its fun to see where you REALLY stack up and It eliminates sandbaggers and shuts a lot of people up....
I was speaking more in terms of large races such as AMS, PNB, DNC, etc. For club or small regional races, I definitely agree with a single class.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

I personally never consider some one that is 50% off as being "sponsored". Rather it is more like a contracted customer. You sign a contract that you will buy their products exclusively and for that they will give you 50 off product. lol It is actually a win win situation for the racer and company, but not so good for the hobby shop...
Old 07-23-2013, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

If I was sponsored by Kwiki Mart I would feel obligated to run Pro. And as far as age goes if you're 3-4 sec faster then the rest, time to step up. When you start to slip then bring it back to intro. It may sound like I'm bitter but I'm truely not. I ran my best race ever and I think I have improved alot. I wont know for sure until I race again. There's 3 classes so you should be honest to your fellow racers and yourself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.