Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Rebuild or not?  ADVICE NEEDED >

Rebuild or not? ADVICE NEEDED

Rebuild or not? ADVICE NEEDED

Old 07-19-2013, 05:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Rebuild or not? ADVICE NEEDED

I bought a jammin x1 CRT about 2006-7. I had my first born around that time and put the car away. My kids are older now and would like to play with this thing that's been sitting in the garage. SO. the question is, do i need to rebuild or relabel the car (shocks, doffs, moving parts)? Or should i just run it?

At that time i couldn't decide on a motor so i bought Novarossi 528, OS V-Spec .21 and the RB C6. Are they still usable or rust has set in?

I want to use what I have and not have to go out and buy a new set. Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Best thing to do would be give the diffs & shocks a rebuild, may need new gaskets & seals just to make sure there all good, probably better of with new oils anyway after sitting for so long. Make sure radio & servo's are all in good working order before running the car as well.
Engines should be checked over to see if any corrosion has started & to make sure bearing are good, they may need replacing & carb o-rings may also need replacing as the could now be slightly perished. If engines were oiled before being stored & stored in the right conditions then they will have a better chance of being in good shape.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ozziii
Best thing to do would be give the diffs & shocks a rebuild, may need new gaskets & seals just to make sure there all good, probably better of with new oils anyway after sitting for so long. Make sure radio & servo's are all in good working order before running the car as well.
Engines should be checked over to see if any corrosion has started & to make sure bearing are good, they may need replacing & carb o-rings may also need replacing as the could now be slightly perished. If engines were oiled before being stored & stored in the right conditions then they will have a better chance of being in good shape.
Thanks!!!! Didnt think about gaskets and stuff. No, I just put it away one day and stopped driving it. So didnt prepare for the storage. I live in Northern California so the weather is not that extreme ...