Losi 8ight VS Serpent Cobra >

Losi 8ight VS Serpent Cobra

Losi 8ight VS Serpent Cobra

Old 07-16-2013, 12:29 PM
rcq
Tech Adept

Default Losi 8ight VS Serpent Cobra

Hello
I just would like to ask yours opinion about this cars, how they did stands comparing next to other.
Now I am running with Serpent , but I do not like few things of them. Its have little tracktion on the end rear, its nead to change every time setup, belong from weather, track condition. Event its look like I find setup for track but if I rebild it fith new oils its changing driving stile. MAybe I do some mistaks with building it. So now looking to try other brand and Losi is my choise. So I would like to ask, did the losi will have the same problems. Should I have to try this buggy? Will it be more easy to drive this car?

Thanks Gytis
Old 07-16-2013, 08:19 PM
Tech Regular

Losi 8ight is a good car. Unbreakable. Very adjustable ! Handles great. Highly recommended. On the TLR website there is TLR pro set ups that you can copy if your having trouble with finding the proper setup

Get the new 3.0 race roller your problems will be solved
Old 07-17-2013, 05:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I went from a cobra 2.0 to a losi 3.0 and I like the 3.0 100x better. I can drive the 3.0 much harder than the cobra. the rear on the cobra was much more stable than the losi 2.0 but the 3.0 is even more stable than the cobra. I feel a lot more relaxed driving the 3.0. durability wise I thing both cars are good. I never broke anything on the cobra and nothing broken so far on the losi. I would say if someone has one at your track ask to drive it and see for yourself.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:43 AM
rcq
Tech Adept

In our track nobody still do not running with 8ight 3.0. There was few guys running with 8ight 2.0, but they switched to AE and Kyosho, they do not like Losi because with old versiont it was hard to drive in our track. Like they says you have always hard work with driving this car and cant relax still driving this cars. The others (Kypsho and AE) cars to them is more forgiven for driving mistakes. I like E-cobra, stil not good with rear end stability, but I like this spead front handel on track, humping, but nitro cobra is like other brand cars, stearing is very sentityve, rear end have to little tracktion.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Lengthen your rear camber links. Adjust camber. Try adjusting you're rear hinge pin setups. Move your front arms forward. Diffs. Ride height.

Slowing a car down is easy.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I drove a losi 2.0 for a good while and switched to agama for a min and then ended up with serpent for over 2 years. The serpent was a good car. It needs a few alum pieces but they are worth it. The parts on the serpent are a little spendy but overall I thought it was a great car. IMO either car is good. To with what has more parts/ setup support at your track
Old 07-17-2013, 08:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

What version serpent are you wheeling.. Maybe post your setup on the serpent thread that way people can help . I've driven all versions from Serpent and the 2.0 has a ton of traction and turning capabilities.. I haven't driven a 3.0 but I've driven a 2.0 and i feel the serpent has more to offer verse a 2.0. The 3.0 looks solid its a sweet ride for sure. It's always fun owning a new platform and it can build confidence but you already have a solid kit. I suggest getting your current buggy dialed.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:46 AM
rcq
Tech Adept

Ok lets try few race with Serpent again with few changing on it and after that I will decide to switch to Losi or leave with Serpent.
My Serpent was first version, but now updated to 2.0, new rear end, diff housing, diff gears.