Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spektrum DX3RPRo Throttle Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 01:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Spektrum DX3RPRo Throttle Problem

I have a DX3RPRO and Hitec digital servos but am having a problem as follows.

Switch the Transmitter on and then the reviser a couple of seconds later the servo goes to just about full throttle. The second thing is from normal throttle position Idle as it would be said if I push the brake on the transmitter and let go the throttle goes to full throttle. Has anyone got any idea why this would be and is it normal any advice would be helpful.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rich33
I have a DX3RPRO and Hitec digital servos but am having a problem as follows.

Switch the Transmitter on and then the reviser a couple of seconds later the servo goes to just about full throttle. The second thing is from normal throttle position Idle as it would be said if I push the brake on the transmitter and let go the throttle goes to full throttle. Has anyone got any idea why this would be and is it normal any advice would be helpful.
Try to re bind it.
Old 07-13-2013, 06:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Get something different. Mine always went full throttle at power up on the throttle channel when I turned it on regardless of rebinding. I'm pretty happy with my M12 that I upgraded to.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Never had that problem but sometimes when I first turn it on the throttle would glitch.try turning the car on first then the radio.seems to work for me when it acts crazy.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You might have a throttle pot problem, that has to be sent in for a repair, I've had that happen to both of my 1gen and 2gen DX3R's. Spektrum is great on servicing it they will get you back on track, but you will have some down time. Fill out there form and send it in along with your radio.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks guys for all the input. The buggy is brand new, its a Hyper Star with DX3R PRO with Hitec servo's. The buggy has not even been on the track yet as I have only just installed the RB BXR 21 engine last weekend so busy running the engine it. I found the throttle brake issue got better when I reduced the BR % on the Transmitter maybe just less twitchy maybe?. How should I have the BR set at for best or is that just a personal preference?.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Reading your first post maybe the servo arm needs to be repositioned on the servo?