Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Recomendations for Glow Ignitor >

Recomendations for Glow Ignitor

Recomendations for Glow Ignitor

Old 07-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Dynamite LiPo glow drivers are great when they work... strong glow and last a while. Only reason I'm hesitant to recommend one is of the three I've experienced, two have had their circuitry die (one was DOA, one died after about six months).

I do like Super Hot-Shot. Significantly stronger glow after a long day than the HS2, when you are starting multiple vehicles and other people on pit lane need to borrow your ignitor.

Agree with the OP. There's a huge hole in the market for a company to come in and develop a badass ignitor... aluminum case that can take a beating in a tool box/pit bag, big LiPo battery that lasts forever and produces strong glow, spring-free mechanism like the Hot Shots, etc. I think people would pay the $50 for a serious driver that lasts for years, rather than keep on buying $15 ignitors when they break/die.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Always used the tower hobbies long glow ignighter. Never failed me. Give it a good charge now and then and it shouldn't give you any problems.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Glo-Bee

If you want something better than a wall charger, Glo-Bee works well, is simple, small and inexpensive. I haven't looked at the Super Hot Shot I guess. As an improvement to the Hot Shot 2, it must be awesome.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rsickles View Post
Dynamite LiPo glow drivers are great when they work... strong glow and last a while. Only reason I'm hesitant to recommend one is of the three I've experienced, two have had their circuitry die (one was DOA, one died after about six months).

I do like Super Hot-Shot. Significantly stronger glow after a long day than the HS2, when you are starting multiple vehicles and other people on pit lane need to borrow your ignitor.

Agree with the OP. There's a huge hole in the market for a company to come in and develop a badass ignitor... aluminum case that can take a beating in a tool box/pit bag, big LiPo battery that lasts forever and produces strong glow, spring-free mechanism like the Hot Shots, etc. I think people would pay the $50 for a serious driver that lasts for years, rather than keep on buying $15 ignitors when they break/die.
I used a piece of Velcro to mount an Ofna glow plug driver (changed out the banana plugs for a deans connector) in my starter box and I use a 3 cell lipo to drive it. The ignitor wire routes out the rear over the top lip of the box and under the lid. It's great and no one can walk away with it.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Super Hot Shot is the way to go......5000 mAh cell. I can't remember the last time I charged it.

I keep a hot shot 2 (long) in my pit box just as a back up, just in case I lose my Super Shot, or if someone needs to borrow one.