Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
CARBON FIBER PARTS >

CARBON FIBER PARTS

CARBON FIBER PARTS

Old 06-30-2013, 01:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Default CARBON FIBER PARTS

I'm new here on this forum and I signed up here to get some advice. I'm about to start to make Carbon Fiber parts for ALL nitro rc models. The only thing is I don't know which ones. If yall guys could help me by telling me the make and model of certain popular RC's that would be great! I'm going to start by just making chassis and once buisness gets good ill move on to the small things like A-Arms, shock towers and any other thing that will help reduce weight while still having steangth. In the next month or so ill be setting up a web site at which you can purchase these from. If you don't see what you want just send me a email and ill make it! Thanks guys!
Old 06-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carbonrc View Post
I'm new here on this forum and I signed up here to get some advice. I'm about to start to make Carbon Fiber parts for ALL nitro rc models. The only thing is I don't know which ones. If yall guys could help me by telling me the make and model of certain popular RC's that would be great! I'm going to start by just making chassis and once buisness gets good ill move on to the small things like A-Arms, shock towers and any other thing that will help reduce weight while still having steangth. In the next month or so ill be setting up a web site at which you can purchase these from. If you don't see what you want just send me a email and ill make it! Thanks guys!
Kyosho MP9: shock towers
Old 06-30-2013, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by george919 View Post
Kyosho MP9: shock towers
Already made by xtreme, and now psm which are very nice
Old 06-30-2013, 03:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ovalracer1m View Post
Already made by xtreme, and now psm which are very nice
Really? Love your sig btws
How would a carbotanium chassis do on a buggy?

Carbotanium is the mix between a strand of carbon and titanium.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:27 PM
Tech Initiate

I was planning on just doin chassis for a while then move on to the smaller stuff once everything gets settled but ill take note of it if you don't find them else where.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Not to be rude but how do you expect to get anywhere when you know nothing about the hobby? It seems to me your just looking to make a quick buck without having any experience with any kind of rc product and that's actually a really important thing when starting a company. Carbon arms have been tested in Rc, they don't work offroad. A lot of people are interested in after market parts with more to offer then just a stock part made out of different material, so if your gonna try and make a product make something better then what's out and don't just copy what you can buy off the shelves at hobby people. And last you have about 4 other companies doing what your thinking about doing, what makes you think there's not 500 other people that can make random carbon stuff? There is and the answer is there's no room for another company to do what's being done so my advice is learn something about the hobby, make a NEW and DIFFERENT product then what's out and then come back and try to sell your stuff.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Its cool but I have been in the RC hobby for the past 3 years but I've just stuck with Traxxas I never experimented outside of them that's the whole purpose of the post. Ya any one can make carbon fiber but how many companys have a wide variety of carbon fiber chassis? And not only that how many of them are made with good quality? That's why I wanted to start this to give various options to the public and to make them right the first time. What I have in mind its gonna be a BIG difference compared to what's already out there.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Carbon 1/8 chassis dont work. They look good for a run or two, then end up breaking the rear end off because they wear thru the epoxy and then start breaking the weave. expect less than a gallon of use.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:45 PM
Tech Initiate

I was planning on useing some high heat epoxy to see it would help. I'm going to test everything before its up for sale to make sure everything is good to go.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Dont bother with 1/8 carbon fibre chassis... you will be removing the lowest weight part of the car... nevermind the stupid amount of flex it would have, along with a high wear rate and the whole thing snapping at the rear.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I was planning on useing some high heat epoxy to see it would help. I'm going to test everything before its up for sale to make sure everything is good to go.
sent you a pm
Old 06-30-2013, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Your in for a pretty big surprise once testing begins.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Matrix Concepts tried the CF chassis awhile ago. Cant even find the site now.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Hoese37 View Post
Matrix Concepts tried the CF chassis awhile ago. Cant even find the site now.
But was it built right? That's the question.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

how do you know if it was built right when you havnt even tried it. companies tryed this carbon fibre idea in the past it never works, leave CF for the onroad guys.

if you do decide to try its going to be a money sink... an if a company does start good luck replacing all the broken ones...(for the people stupid enough to buy one)

you are a basher by the sounds of it, and honestly it sounds like you have no idea about this stuff.

and if you want to make CF stuff, leave chassis alone... its a heartbreak situation for you...

stick with stuff like shock towers etc... make a 4-5mm CF mp9 front tower and if its durable it will sell.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.