Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Impacts or Stackers >

Impacts or Stackers

Impacts or Stackers

Old 06-28-2013, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Impacts or Stackers

Have been running AKA Impacts at most of the places I race for over a year with great success. Now I am considering a switch over to J Concepts Stackers to try something new.

Can anyone chime in on the handling differences (if any) between the two? Are the J Concept blue foams as good as AKA red foams?
Old 06-28-2013, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

i have used them both. i my exp with jc foams are not good. i've had them rip in half inside the tire and flat spot. i recently tried the proline diamond backs and love them. i know its not the tire u listed but i wouldn't count them out.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I've always like Impacts, but this past weekend I learned from a good friend that there not for every track surface. I ran a new set in a heat and buggy was very squarely. Changed to Tazers and it was like a totally different car.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Impacts - work great in the fluff and rough tracks. I run Softs and the wear is excellent... Foams - better than JC

Stackers - my 'Go To' tire for all surfaces. I run super softs and the wear is better than the impacts - soft... Foams - awful... I've had them rip inside the tire and disintegrate too. Very disappointed b/c I love the tire...

I'll probably try Stackers w/ the AKA red foams (on AKA rims) when I get a new set ready...
Old 06-28-2013, 10:06 PM

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Stackers are more aggressive IMO

Impacts good on loose.

Got a set of yellow stackers you could try haha
Old 06-28-2013, 10:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 305M3 View Post
Impacts - work great in the fluff
Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
Impacts good on loose.
I know you guys in the US have very different tracks than us in Europe and have a lot of clay (or so it seems), but I mean, what do you reckon is loose and fluff? For me I use impacts when the dust has been ran off by previous racers and I'm starting to see a clean line, but I guess it might just be that we have a lot more dust and dirt and not so much clay here, so I'd consider "dusty" more dusty than what you think...

For me I run the I-beam and similar knockoffs when it's a bit dusty, and then if it clears up I'd go Impact..
I just think impacts lose their efficiency at a certain level of dust, where they don't really grip as much.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eivind E View Post
I know you guys in the US have very different tracks than us in Europe and have a lot of clay (or so it seems), but I mean, what do you reckon is loose and fluff? For me I use impacts when the dust has been ran off by previous racers and I'm starting to see a clean line, but I guess it might just be that we have a lot more dust and dirt and not so much clay here, so I'd consider "dusty" more dusty than what you think...

For me I run the I-beam and similar knockoffs when it's a bit dusty, and then if it clears up I'd go Impact..
I just think impacts lose their efficiency at a certain level of dust, where they don't really grip as much.
I totally agree with you about Impacts working "in the groove" better than they do in the dust. However, I'm not the type of driver that can consistently stay in the line so when I get out, I find the Impacts will get me back there w/o too much drama.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I really like the stackers. I run on a big medium bite track. They give great side and forward bite when in the groove. The blue foams are junk. I have a set of mediums with maybe 2-3 races on them and all of the foams have lost their shape and are flat. My aka foams hold up great for much longer than this.

Stackers + aka foam =
Old 06-29-2013, 07:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

So the JC foams are not great but the tires are a bit more aggressive, according to most of you. It also sounds like I can expect a bit more forward bite with the Stackers. Great info guys!

The Proline Diamondbacks seem interesting. It would appear they seem better suited for tracks with a clean and grooved driving line since the pins appear closer together than Impacts/Stackers/Blockades.

Any truth to a rumor that JC tires are made in China? Just curious.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am really surprised that no one mentioned AKA City Blocks. These are my goto tire for most conditions. If City Blocks don't work then my next choice is Grid Irons. For mud I use Ibeams.

Lee
Old 06-30-2013, 03:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Winner's Circle View Post
These are my goto tire for most conditions.
Lee
What's your go-to compound?
Old 06-30-2013, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Geezer View Post
What's your go-to compound?
I almost always run super soft. On the dirt I run on I get great tire life.

Lee
Old 06-30-2013, 08:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Eivind E View Post

For European track that are super hard I run impacts. If it starts to get rough in the corners I go to ibeams. Euro tracks tend to get a lot dustier than American tracks. If the track is freshly watered like they were doing at the bitty race, grid irons were the tire of choice for the first two heats after the water.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Really AKA has what you need.

But, there are times JC works a little better here and there. They work best on heavy clay based surfaces.

As stated, JC foams are a bit lacking. JC tires tend to run thinner, thus "softer" and flex more. I'd suggest using the new cut/relieved black AKA inserts in the JC. The Red AKA foams work good in JC blue compound tires too. The black AKA would be a bit better in the Greens.

I find AKA soft works well on most any outdoor surface during the summer. Below 75* F, super-soft starts working a little better.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Some people may laugh at me a lot for this but I have had amazing luck running losi ultra digits they seem to work on almost anything for me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.