Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Need suggestions for a new build >

Need suggestions for a new build

Need suggestions for a new build

Old 06-26-2013, 11:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default Need suggestions for a new build

So I've got an obsession with building 4WD off-road cars into road cars (I have a great spot to drive them near my house and have been for years). I've been into RC's for a couple decades and have owned and do own several, but I just recently totalled my last on-road conversion and am looking for an all new platform. My last one was an HPI MT2 that was nitro for a long time and then brushless for the last year and a half, I LOVED this truck but I'm ready for something different. I've owned many Revos and was considering building one of those for on-road only as it's a good platform but would love some suggestions. This is my "fun" car. Not a racer, doesn't have to be the best platform out there just something fun. I'd like to go with either a 1/10 scale MT with a big block or an 1/8 scale truck/buggy/truggy. It has to be 4WD. I've been out of nitro for a couple years now but since this is a strictly for-fun car I want to build another nitro car.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Old 06-27-2013, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

well if you like building, an Xray XB9 is a VERY fun car to build out of the box, but its more of a race car vs. a "fun" car just to play with
http://www.teamxray.com/xb9/
Old 06-27-2013, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Have a look at the JQ Products buggy, "THE Car". Its a great buggy, well made & very strong & its a pretty good platform, with the new wide chassis & steering set-up its proving to be even better. JQ also has a great electric buggy thats real good on the track to, both are very stable & corner well with plenty of steering. Another good thing is that they don't cost as much as other buggies & the customer support from JQ Products is the best you will find.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

This is why I love this forum, thank you for the suggestions guys I'm going to look I to both of these. 2 cars that I did not know about before
Old 06-28-2013, 03:52 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You should start with an on-road car, and see if you could actually get to the point of doing something worth noting. Look at what Nic Case has done, everything else is just child's play when talking going in a straight line.