Wiki Posts
Search

Throttle hand going numb

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 07:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Throttle hand going numb

I'm everyone will have fun with this one. After about 5 min my throttle hand will start to lose feeling in my throttle hand and can't feel the trigger any more. Anyone else have this experience what did you do to combat the problem?

Thanks
Old 06-23-2013, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Applesauce
I'm everyone will have fun with this one. After about 5 min my throttle hand will start to lose feeling in my throttle hand and can't feel the trigger any more. Anyone else have this experience what did you do to combat the problem?

Thanks
I had this problem when I started in the 90's. My trick was to start loosening my grip (not hold it as tight). That worked until the Arizona summers, then the sweat would get in there and make it kind of slick. So then a fellow racer sold me on the idea of putting a tennis racket grip tape on it. After a few attempts to make it "feel" right, I have been running it ever since.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What radio do you use? The weight of the transmitter may have a lot to do with your hand fatigue.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:29 AM
JQ
Tech Master

After I broke my wrist I had this problem. My doctor told me that blood flow is worse to my hand due to my injury, and since there are blood vessels in the palm of the hand, holding the transmitter blocks even more blood from flowing to the fingers, causing my hand to go numb.

So she told me to increase the size of the grip so that there is a larger surface touching my hand. I did that and haven't had problems since. I just use grip tape.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would go and get a carpal tunnel test. I had the same problem and i got tested. It tested pretty bad but after the surgery I can go an hour main with no issues. I would say for about 2 weeks I had a soft cast on then was driving right after. It was sore for a couple months until it healed up but its dialed now!
Old 06-23-2013, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by trimble
What radio do you use? The weight of the transmitter may have a lot to do with your hand fatigue.
I using a KO Eurus
Old 06-23-2013, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Practice on radio posture, keep your wrist straight with no kinks and hold the radio with a nice relaxed grip. Try different grip thicknesses also to see if that helps.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Much more serious responses than I expected here. I figured there would be more ' let off the gas once in a while! comments.

Wow Chicky, surgery for Rc racing that may be a first. Let the debate begin about Rc racers being athletes!
Old 06-23-2013, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

I get that sometimes and mine is from a neck injury. Not much help but something to wonder about.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:47 PM
Tech Prophet

I cant say i ever had that issue lol . Now loosing grip holding the radio when my hands sweat yes and my hands shaking if im leading a race sure.

Using the throttle trigger never had my fingers cramp but than again im running Electric maybe thats why.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chicky03
I would go and get a carpal tunnel test. I had the same problem and i got tested. It tested pretty bad but after the surgery I can go an hour main with no issues. I would say for about 2 weeks I had a soft cast on then was driving right after. It was sore for a couple months until it healed up but its dialed now!
What he said. I have that problem now. Had the right hand fixed already.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

that's why you see a lot a drivers with their arms down driving by their belt, it really helps
Old 06-23-2013, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Brian C
Much more serious responses than I expected here. I figured there would be more ' let off the gas once in a while! comments.

Wow Chicky, surgery for Rc racing that may be a first. Let the debate begin about Rc racers being athletes!
Yea, not that I'm super fast in off road or anything but I work for an rc company and I have to make our product look respectable. It was a problem in long nitro on road mains also. If 10 minutes into a main I can't feel where my trigger is, it not very easy to get around. Not only that but if you let it keep happening your just ruining your nerves and can lead to permanent damage.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chicky03
X2, I have the same problem and been diagnosed with carpal tunnel in both hands but due to my job I can not have the surgery done without taking short term disability. Not going to happen, so I bought a new radio (had a M11 now have a MT4) that made a big difference. I also found that holding the transmitter down around my waist helps very much, I think it was already mentioned, but it did help. Good luck
Old 06-24-2013, 12:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tc5 man
I cant say i ever had that issue lol . Now loosing grip holding the radio when my hands sweat yes and my hands shaking if im leading a race sure.

Using the throttle trigger never had my fingers cramp but than again im running Electric maybe thats why.
I wrap it with grip tape for tennis rackets. This makes the grip a little bigger (better imo) and it absorbs sweat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.