Jammin X1 CR

Old 06-20-2013, 11:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Jammin X1 CR

I have a Jammin X1CR and have been having an issue with bending the front standoff screws. I have the upgraded shock tower and OFNA Says this screw is supposed to be a 3mmx25mm long screw. I found some dubro 3mmx30mm screws that are not threaded all the way. There is about a 6 mm shoulder and I had to use about three washers on each side to get it the standoff to tighten up flush to the shock tower. When I reattached the shock I just barely had enough thread sticking of the locknut. Does anybody have a suggestion for a remedy for this situation.
Thank You
Michael
Old 06-21-2013, 12:01 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

The only way you will solve the problem is to get the right screw size. There is too much of a gap between the shock stand off and tower so they will keep bending.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
The only way you will solve the problem is to get the right screw size. There is too much of a gap between the shock stand off and tower so they will keep bending.
Hi JAZ240
I was looking at what I wrote and I meant to say that I have three washers on the backside of the shock tower. The standoff is flush and tight to the shock shock tower. I am going to try this tomorrow and see how it works. I was thinking about replacing the shock tower as its bent a little but somebody that I was taking to said I should try to bend it back by heat the shock tower with a heat gun and pound it back with a hammer against a hard concrete floor. so we shall see what happens and go from there.
Thank You
Michael Johnston
Old 06-24-2013, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I also had those problems occur every once in a while with the screws so I did my setup like I did my on road cars with screws on both side, a shorter screw was way stronger than the long screw, so use a 3x12 cap head and a 3mm washer on the shock tower side and a 3x10mm buttonhead screw with a 3mm washer on the shock side. This will take care of the screw issue, use some blue lok-tite on the tower side and you'll be good.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:02 PM
Tech Addict

Hi I will try that Idea and I thought about doing that way. The ofna support didn't really have an answer for this problem. How do the attach the front shocks to the tower on the X3? I've been reading alot about that car and I am interested in getting one eventually. I am not interested in racing I just like to run on local tracks here the houston texas or any other place I can run.
Thank You
Michael Johnston
Old 06-25-2013, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stoney452 View Post
Hi I will try that Idea and I thought about doing that way. The ofna support didn't really have an answer for this problem. How do the attach the front shocks to the tower on the X3? I've been reading alot about that car and I am interested in getting one eventually. I am not interested in racing I just like to run on local tracks here the houston texas or any other place I can run.
Thank You
Michael Johnston

The X3 has a different shock mount and is a 4mm hole mount so it would not work, but do what I did and that takes care of it. The Sabre is nice and now that its a 2.0 update it is a better product, the only thing it really needs are alum front uprights for the steering knuckle, we have them in 10 degree and 12 degree.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:12 PM
Tech Addict

So I take the plastic ones break real easy to break then. I love my jammin and it runs great with my os xzb 21. what are you power your x3 with? I will try your fix and go from there thank You
Old 06-25-2013, 12:16 PM
Tech Addict

Default jammin x1

I've heard a lot about the x3 I was hoping to see one running at the roar nationals last week. I saw too many losi's and Associateds as far as I was concerned. I asked someone at the race and he told that there wasn't any X3's running that he knew off. But I will try your fix and get back to you
Thank You Michael Johnston
Old 06-27-2013, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry we did not have an OFNA car out there, but soon you will have a driver out there that is fast dicing it out there, as soon as he is done he said he was going to head to that new big track you guys have out there in TX.

For engines I still have my Jammin .21 runners, a Ninja, and a B2. I'm in the looks for a Maxy or Rossi not sure yet.