Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
New Member, First Nitro, Suggestions and tips. >

New Member, First Nitro, Suggestions and tips.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Member, First Nitro, Suggestions and tips.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 09:06 AM
Tech Adept

Default New Member, First Nitro, Suggestions and tips.

First off I am new here so if I do anything that is incorrect then I apologize. I have a friend with a nitro RC car and I enjoy it and wanted to get something to cut my teeth on as well as have fun with my son (which is 2 years old). What I want to gain from owning a nitro RC is just something to spend quality time with him and also find something that will teach him to care for something and appreciate its value. I am not buying the rc for him now but hope this will garner his interest and I hope that will grow.

I bought a RTR and I am sure I will get laughed at for my purchase but I did read reviews first and it seems to fit my bill. I also noted upgrades a relatively cheap (as is replacement parts). I bought a redcat shockwave which I am sure its low priced for a reason but I care for my things appropiately and its not my intention to bash it or play with it in a wreckless fashion though I am aware accidents happen.

That is basically my story. I am interested in tips, suggestions, any specific care for the car, etc that anyone has to offer.

(Something tells me I will be suggested to have bought an electric setup)