R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-13-2013, 12:53 AM   #16
Tech Initiate

mbx6 and mbx7 are not just model to sort it i think there are many expensive buggy's is market which you can order if you are thinking about in this way.......
colin222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:59 AM   #17
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin222 View Post
mbx6 and mbx7 are not just model to sort it i think there are many expensive buggy's is market which you can order if you are thinking about in this way.......
MugenMan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:31 AM   #18
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eivind E View Post
If your choice is MBX7 or XB9, you want to get the MBX7.
It's very solid and doesn't break often, and is also world champion.

Mine is the Kyosho MP9 TKI3.. so I'm not saying that because I'm a fanboy. It's just the MBX7 is a better choice than the XB9.
It's just a better choice in every way, you'll get more money for it in the 2nd hand market, it will most likely be "the Mugen" for the next 3 years, it's way easier to be successful with this car than it would be with the XB9.

Renaud Savoya was one of the best drivers (3 times French Champ, 3 times Euro Champ and 2 times World finalist), then he switched to Xray and "disappeared".. so.. I'm just saying.. it's harder to chase a setup on an XB9 than it is on the MBX7, and there'll be more people running MBX7 to help you out with setups, and more chance if you do manage to crash that there is someone who has a spare part for you at the track.
LOL
Have you driven either of the 2 mentioned cars to even have an opinion. Reno is a gun. He drove a durango for a year, his RB's were letting him down and he lost his long term pit man. Hes back in form with the xray

Both cars are great cars with great support. Every car has its faults and the x7 is far from unbreakable. They taco chassis worse than the the x6 ever did.

The mbx5r was solid as a rock and worth running until you get your form back.

TIX Race Designs. Plaig Bearings. Thunder Innovations
TIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:53 AM   #19
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It wa slast time I checked, but its been a while LOL
Ghettobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:54 AM   #20
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It still is quite competitive to say the least
Ghettobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:47 AM   #21
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugenMan32 View Post
You are absolutely right, and I plan to get into a new buggy but since I'm just getting back into club racing and some parts are still available, I would rather beat on the mbx5 getting my skill back up. So let me ask you, since you have experience with mugen and xray, mbx7 or xb9. Thanks again everyone
That is the right question. It's hard to say wicht one is the best. Only you drive both can say
I used to be a mugen fan boy, mbx5 mbx5 pro specs, mbx6 and mbx6 r, mtx2 mtx3 and mtx4, all good and nice cars , now I am a X-ray fan, because Iam having more successful with the xb9, this no mean one its better than other, believe nobody can say that, the car that fits better with you driven style will be the best
Thanks a lot
Old 06-13-2013, 09:16 PM   #22
Tech Adept

Thanks for all the input guys
Old 06-14-2013, 08:22 PM   #23
Tech Apprentice

still using a mbx5 prospec buggy and mbx5t, parts still plentiful.......
new2nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:12 PM   #24
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2nitro View Post
still using a mbx5 prospec buggy and mbx5t, parts still plentiful.......
Awesome, glad to hear that. Is there a difference between the x5 prospec and the x5r? Or is it one in the same? What engine do you run in yours ?
Old 06-19-2013, 05:31 PM   #25
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugenMan32 View Post
Awesome, glad to hear that. Is there a difference between the x5 prospec and the x5r? Or is it one in the same? What engine do you run in yours ?
i dont know the difference, i am still new, but on my prospec, it has carbon fiber steering plate,diff plate,and mud guards, updated brake kit,and a tension rods(not braces)1 piece motor mount, i am using the dynamite xpe ( a killer engine for the price)and the losi 4 shoe clutch system,3 aluminum shoes one carbon fiber(gold springs for the alum shoes) , on my 5truggy it is a reedy vr engine with mugen clutch with 3 aluminum shoes and 1.1 springs(also one piece motor mount)
(losi 4 shoe clutch system will not work on this truggy or it maybe just the way the crankshaft is)( didnt want to modify the chassis to try and make it work)i say run the 5, enjoy it, i am keeping up with the 6's in all aspects
new2nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:56 PM   #26
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2nitro View Post
i dont know the difference, i am still new, but on my prospec, it has carbon fiber steering plate,diff plate,and mud guards, updated brake kit,and a tension rods(not braces)1 piece motor mount, i am using the dynamite xpe ( a killer engine for the price)and the losi 4 shoe clutch system,3 aluminum shoes one carbon fiber(gold springs for the alum shoes) , on my 5truggy it is a reedy vr engine with mugen clutch with 3 aluminum shoes and 1.1 springs(also one piece motor mount)
(losi 4 shoe clutch system will not work on this truggy or it maybe just the way the crankshaft is)( didnt want to modify the chassis to try and make it work)i say run the 5, enjoy it, i am keeping up with the 6's in all aspects
They sound like they are the same thing, I'm sure someone will chime in to disagree lol