Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Thunder tiger eb4 s2 >

Thunder tiger eb4 s2

Thunder tiger eb4 s2

Old 06-05-2013, 03:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Thunder tiger eb4 s2

Hi there i recently bought a thunder tiger eb4 s2, i have broke a pull start already so i went and bought a starter box , the wheel doesnt reach far enough to touch the flywheel, is there anyone thats had the same problem and knows what to do , i heard you can buy different engine mounts but am not sure
Old 06-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Normally the starter box can pushed down till the fly wheel touches the starter box wheel, there should be a 1" spring to do that. just wondering how deep is your flywheel it should almost be even with your chassis? if the flywheel is really small you might be able to get a bigger one. and what kind of starter box did you purchase, good luck and let us know if you need any more help.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Buy a couple of spare fuel tanks too. I've gone through 3 of them, the most reason lasting a mere 5 minutes. Poor design.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Kingzhead use to sell the lower engine mounts, just checked they dont anymore.

From memory you need to make the mount about 5mm lower and a little bit of chassis die grinding. Worth the hassle getting the starter box to work compared to running a pull start.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I think you need to buy the EB4 S3 engine mount. I think there are 2 versions, stock and lightened(red). They sell them at AMain.

If I remember correctly the EB4 S2 was the RTR and the EB4 S3 was the pro kit.

Good Luck
Old 06-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dhopkins8 View Post
I think you need to buy the EB4 S3 engine mount. I think there are 2 versions, stock and lightened(red). They sell them at AMain.

If I remember correctly the EB4 S2 was the RTR and the EB4 S3 was the pro kit.

Good Luck
S3 comes in RTR as well. Very different buggies that share barely anything in common.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi go to tower hobbies web site and do a search under the 1/8 th scarle nitro cars app. Then look for the ttr EB4 S2.5 click on that then you will see a link of the left in the middle that says replacement and optional parts click on this and scroll down until you find the anodized red engine mount part nbr PD0761 its 33 bucks plus shipping. Replace the engine mounts with this mount and you should be able to start your engine on the starter box. I replaced my pro 21 with an OS 21VG and installed this mount and it workes great. Mike