Help please.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default Help please.

I got my first Nitro buggy. I didn't wanna go all out since its my first Nitro car and my track does not really run nitro anymore so I opted for an Exceed 1/10 4wd buggy with a .16 motor not the best but its a good start. Now I did the break in on the motor. I adjusted the idle needle so the buggy does not take off at idle. It was fine but my six year old son decided it would be fun to unscrew the high speed needle since he saw me adjusting it a little and now I don't know how many turns it was for the factory settings and the car just cuts off at full throttle. Anybody know how many turns is the factory setting. Please help me if you guys can.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Try backing it off a few hours at a time until you have a nice plume of smoke coming out of the pipe. (at full speed)
Old 06-04-2013, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by masher81 View Post
Try backing it off a few hours at a time until you have a nice plume of smoke coming out of the pipe. (at full speed)
Thanks for the reply. I actually found the instructions and read them and the manufacturers recommendation for the high/low speed needle on this .16 VX engine is 3 1/2 turns counter clockwise. Now is that full revolutions or half revolutions. I think this should solve my issue I will try to run it again after dinner.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

full turns
Old 06-04-2013, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ncdirtracer View Post
full turns
I figured cause I watched a video on youtube and the guy counted six turns but only did half turns counting them as one so I guess it was really three turns.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:53 PM
Tech Adept

That was my first nitro too IMO that is the worst car I have ever owned out if all my electrics and nitros every time I drove it something broke since it was so cheap I was fed up and just through it away
Old 06-04-2013, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Alexnailey692 View Post
That was my first nitro too IMO that is the worst car I have ever owned out if all my electrics and nitros every time I drove it something broke since it was so cheap I was fed up and just through it away
I also have the electric version I use it for practice and so far I had no issues breaking anything on the track, its going on its second year. I haven't ran this nitro buggy on the track yet but if anything breaks oh well I more or less wanna have fun with it not race it for that I have other RC SCT's. I will eventually get a 1/8 buggy. I haven't decided if nitro or electric.