Tekno NT48 Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 02:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

.3 upgrade kit coming soon
Old 10-08-2015, 06:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is anyone using different pins to hold the clutch shoes onto the flywheel? The pins are soft and the heads get stripped out easily. Im tired of buying the whole clutch spring and hardware set #TKR 5353 just to get the pins. The Losi ones are a little different so Im not sure if they will work.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:14 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Guys,

Was taking apart my truck today to clean it and noticed that the teeth on the clutch bell were really pointy with some burrs on the sides of the teeth. Is this normal? The spur gear looks really good with no wear or signs of wear. Should I replace the clutch bell with my spare or keep running it? Also, what is the general consensus on the Proline Enforcer for the truck?
Old 10-08-2015, 08:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jones Auto View Post
Is anyone using different pins to hold the clutch shoes onto the flywheel? The pins are soft and the heads get stripped out easily. Im tired of buying the whole clutch spring and hardware set #TKR 5353 just to get the pins. The Losi ones are a little different so Im not sure if they will work.
If you are having problems stripping out the pin heads, I would just change to a different clutch setup. I really like the M2C 2-shoe aluminum clutches. Work really well and hook up well. Plus you can add weight to the flywheel to tame the motor if you are running in really low grip situations to reduce tire spin.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

I ran into this problem a couple of times - initially when I used loctite (didn't know better at the time) and when I had both clutch bearings go out on me (brand new Tekno bearings). I switched to TKO bearings and no loctite and haven't had a problem since. I do wish they would separate some of that hardware. I have 3 or 4 flywheel nuts that I will probably never use.
Old 10-08-2015, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 123 (99%+)

I've used the Losi pins with no problems.
Old 10-08-2015, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

I use these from Dialedhobbies.com
https://www.dialedhobbies.com/agama-...si-detail.html

Work great!!
Old 10-08-2015, 05:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the advise bros. The stock clutch is ok for me, just the pin issue pissed me off. I emailed Tekno and they said theres no plans to offer the pins separately.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

What would cause me to have more steering one way than the other when the servo arm moves the same amount in each direction when not moving... If that makes sense. I have more steering when turning to the right than to the left. turnbuckles are the same length on each side as well as same amount of throw from side to side on servo horn
Old 10-11-2015, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TruggyDude91 View Post
Hey Guys,

Was taking apart my truck today to clean it and noticed that the teeth on the clutch bell were really pointy with some burrs on the sides of the teeth. Is this normal? The spur gear looks really good with no wear or signs of wear. Should I replace the clutch bell with my spare or keep running it? Also, what is the general consensus on the Proline Enforcer for the truck?
I have worn out several cb on this truck. I replace them when they get pointed and start to make bad sounds.
The proline enforcer holds up great, but also blocks a lot of airflow over the motor. My motors were running 20-30 degrees hotter with that body.
Hope this helps.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rceefreak View Post
What would cause me to have more steering one way than the other when the servo arm moves the same amount in each direction when not moving... If that makes sense. I have more steering when turning to the right than to the left. turnbuckles are the same length on each side as well as same amount of throw from side to side on servo horn
I think it has to do with the steering geometry. I have always had to set a little larger endpoint on one side.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation

Check the steering linkage between the servo horn and servo saver.
Shorten or lengthen it until the throw left and right are the same.
This assuming that the turnbuckle length left and right are the same
Old 10-11-2015, 10:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

Everything looks good in that aspect. Turnbuckle lengths are the same and servo has same throw from left to right. They turn the same on box but when racing the turn in is better to the right than to the left, Another question as well on sway bars. The collars that lock the sway bar down close to the gearbox.... How much room are usupposed to leave between the collar and gearbox/ I have about a mm gap between them on both sides. I generally dont lock the sway bar down with set screws but it seems like these collars lock the sway bar down
Old 10-12-2015, 05:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Thanks for the advise bros. The stock clutch is ok for me, just the pin issue pissed me off. I emailed Tekno and they said theres no plans to offer the pins separately.
The stock pins work just fine as long as you don't over tighten them. They only need to be slightly snug. No need to crank them down.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rceefreak View Post
Everything looks good in that aspect. Turnbuckle lengths are the same and servo has same throw from left to right. They turn the same on box but when racing the turn in is better to the right than to the left, Another question as well on sway bars. The collars that lock the sway bar down close to the gearbox.... How much room are usupposed to leave between the collar and gearbox/ I have about a mm gap between them on both sides. I generally dont lock the sway bar down with set screws but it seems like these collars lock the sway bar down
On the sway bars, I tighten the screws (one at a time) until the sway bar starts to bind. Then I back the screw off until the sway bar turns freely. From my understanding, the idea is for the sway bar to turn freely, but without excessive play.

On the steering thing, I would start by sitting the car on the ground and see if you are getting equal throw. I usually sit it on the ground and increase my endpoints til it hits the stops then back the endpoints off a lil.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service