R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Tekno NT48 Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/734428-tekno-nt48-thread.html)

DREWS 12-12-2014 02:33 PM

Things I'd like aren't things to make it better or worse, there just things I would like, eg aluminum hubs, aluminum chassi braces and a split centre diff mount, just something to make it easier to work on.

Graham11 12-15-2014 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by DREWS (Post 13715704)
Hi Graham I think tekno is awesome, that's why I sold everything else and only run tekno, the truggy has blown me away. I was just asking a general question, because every other platform has aftermarket parts and I couldnt understand why tekno being as good as it is doesn't.

I think we are starting to see more after market stuff for the EB and SCT because they have been around for two years but the NB, NT, and ET are still in their first year and I think, as mentioned before, that most companies are probably waiting to see if Tekno grabs more market share which I think we are going to see even more over the next 12 months than we did in the last few months especially with the success of the NT and NB, everyone who drives my NT immediately buys one. I'd bet by next summer there will be a lot more options available, although personally I wouldn't buy any aluminum hubs or braces because I like how my kits perform now but a split diff is certainly something I'd buy.

I also wonder if there is some resentment from companies like M2C, Fioroni, etc... because Tekno was once just a "hop up" company who has now successfully transitioned into a chassis manufacturer, I am sure many of those companies wish they could do the same... that said, I have no scientific or first hand knowledge to prove that one way or the other but I know I would be envious of Tekno's success if I was a competitor.

DREWS 12-16-2014 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by CKmaxx (Post 13704929)

Ran these today for 45 minutes straight to replicate a final and all I can say is amazing, no fade what so ever, the way they worked in the first minute is exactly how they stayed fo 45 minutes. Just make sure you scuff them with sand paper first. Defiantly a must have especially for the price, they really do transform the car especially with the 10 degree off set brake cams.

Graham11 12-17-2014 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by DREWS (Post 13724560)
Ran these today for 45 minutes straight to replicate a final and all I can say is amazing, no fade what so ever, the way they worked in the first minute is exactly how they stayed fo 45 minutes. Just make sure you scuff them with sand paper first. Defiantly a must have especially for the price, they really do transform the car especially with the 10 degree off set brake cams.

did you run them with the stock brake pads?

DREWS 12-17-2014 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Graham11 (Post 13724911)
did you run them with the stock brake pads?

Yes but they were a brand new set

DREWS 12-21-2014 11:28 PM

New spur gears still strip

4 Attachment(s)
Took my brand new tekno out yesterday to setup and tune and the bad news is, I over shoot a pair doubles causing me to flat land which also led to the stripping of 3 teeth on my brand new supposedly revised hardened spur gear, i wasn't to fussed i just thought it was a one off and installed a brand new spur gear (also revised) and headed out again, this time i on purposely over shoot the same set of doubles, and yes stripped another brand new spur gear. The new spurs seem to wear much better than the originals, but they are clearly still very week and don't like on power flat landings. . Very dissapointed :lol:. The good news is i had a 48t Agama A8 spur gear lying around, and drilled 4 new holes in it to line up with the tekno diff housing holes, and problem solved every thing both internally and externally lined up perfectly . Now i wont have to worry about not finishing due to spur gear failure, this way also ensures you can still use all original tekno diff parts so nothing needs to be shimmed the way it would when using say a serpent or mugen center diff. Here is some photos of the new diff setup.

Attachment 1257027

Attachment 1257028

Attachment 1257025

Attachment 1257026

XT8Truggy 12-21-2014 11:56 PM

Drews you should be runningTKR5214 with the fibreglass rotors.

speedy2 12-22-2014 01:29 AM

Perhaps you stumbled on something special with the ferodo on epoxy brakes , who knows
was there no wear on the ferodo or brakes ?
but I guess oil will be coming out of that diffgasket showing in the holes in action

DREWS 12-22-2014 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by speedy2 (Post 13734297)
Perhaps you stumbled on something special with the ferodo on epoxy brakes , who knows
was there no wear on the ferodo or brakes ?
but I guess oil will be coming out of that diffgasket showing in the holes in action

I thought so to but it doesn't, but just to be sure I'm going to weld the holes closed, that was a dry run to see if it would work before I go to the trouble of welding the holes, and I still have to countersink the screw holes properly.

teknorc 12-22-2014 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by DREWS (Post 13734218)
Took my brand new tekno out yesterday to setup and tune and the bad news is, I over shoot a pair doubles causing me to flat land which also led to the stripping of 3 teeth on my brand new supposedly revised hardened spur gear, i wasn't to fussed i just thought it was a one off and installed a brand new spur gear (also revised) and headed out again, this time i on purposely over shoot the same set of doubles, and yes stripped another brand new spur gear. The new spurs seem to wear much better than the originals, but they are clearly still very week and don't like on power flat landings. . Very dissapointed :lol:. The good news is i had a 48t Agama A8 spur gear lying around, and drilled 4 new holes in it to line up with the tekno diff housing holes, and problem solved every thing both internally and externally lined up perfectly . Now i wont have to worry about not finishing due to spur gear failure, this way also ensures you can still use all original tekno diff parts so nothing needs to be shimmed the way it would when using say a serpent or mugen center diff. Here is some photos of the new diff setup.

Attachment 1257027

Attachment 1257028

Attachment 1257025

Attachment 1257026

Hi Drews,

Do you have the label from the gears you have been breaking? What is the part #? Please send us an email ([email protected]) with any pics so we can take a look and see if we have any ideas for you. Thanks.

DBL15 12-22-2014 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by teknorc (Post 13735391)
Hi Drews,

Do you have the label from the gears you have been breaking? What is the part #? Please send us an email ([email protected]) with any pics so we can take a look and see if we have any ideas for you. Thanks.

It's the hardened spur gears big flat landings on power they still snap some teeth off cause of chassis flex I think is what he is talking about.

And yes they were the new ones as he brought from Coast2coastrc which we had the latest from factory.

DREWS 12-22-2014 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by teknorc (Post 13735391)
Hi Drews,

The part number is TKR5415B, the 2 I stripped one was from coast2coast and the other one was from TEKNORC in the states. The spur gears wear very well but they just can't handle on power flat landings. Went out today did exactly the same jump with the new setup and no problems.

XT8Truggy 12-22-2014 09:58 PM

Unfortunatley I've had the same problem with the new spur grear. I purchased the revised spur gear from Coasttocoastrc about 2 weeks ago.
I used it at one club race meeting and this is the end result. This is at the same track Drew races at.
I've used my Serpent centre diff with Serpent spur gear and it's been bullet proof for about 3 club weekends and a state title.
I think the main issue is the narowness of the Tekno spur and the flex of the chassis. The Serpent spur is wider and that seems to help imo.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2usvbiq.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/2hfpe2a.jpg

Graham11 12-23-2014 07:00 AM

Hey Drews and XT8, sorry to hear about your issues with the spur gear, please email [email protected] with those pictures and the details you provided. They will be more than happy to help get you guys squared away and will also help them possibly identify the problem.

Graham11 12-23-2014 07:00 AM

by the way, what chassis braces are you guys running? Center and both rears or Center and left rear or center and right rear, etc...?