Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 03:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Questions

Folks
I am the very happy new owner of a NT48 roller. Two questions:

What would the best switch to install?

I will be using Ryan's world engine. I have an Alpha clutch or Losi clutch. Which is the most suitable install?

Thank you for your help.
Old 11-08-2014, 03:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Is there any date yet for updated Truck kits with the new fuel tank and spur gear?
Old 11-09-2014, 01:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Is there any date yet for updated Truck kits with the new fuel tank and spur gear?
Fuel tanks have been in the kits for months now the spur got released Friday only mate

Give it time or buy kit and new spur to have a spare. I still use the originals just fine.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:42 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

That would be why I asked. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-11-2014, 03:39 AM
Tech Elite

Well after joining the team tekno crew 3 weeks ago i thought i should share my thoughts and results with the Tekno NT48, I built the kit ready for a test run on a club day with our state title event coming up in a few weeks time, the car went together really well and i enjoyed every aspect of the build, I did replace the centre diff with an xray one while we wait for the new spur gears to arrive, it just requires some shims in the right places and using the tekno out drives and it fits right in.

Club Day Test: well right away i felt conected to the truggy on the track, I ran a few tanks in the morning open practice and really felt at home with the car right away, having a few tweaks from the stock box set up with help from a team tekno driver i just knew it was the right truggy for me, after our 7 minute qualifying heats i was positioned for the final from grid 2 for the 30 minute final, I got out of the gate and really never looked back lapping the small field of drivers at the event a couple of times during the final, wow what a start with a new car.

Victorian State Titles 3 day event: I had only run the truggy once on the club day leading into this event so it was just cleaned up and ready for action, I myself as the president of the club hosting the state title event had a huge schedule preparing the track for the event, bobcat work, roller, event organiser, canteen duties and race official through out the event so knowing that i had a rock solid ride sitting in my pit marquee was a huge load of my shoulders.

Day 1 we had 2 rounds of practice and 3 rounds of qualifying and i again felt right at home with the truggy, i drove a little on the conservative side to just bank 3 good qualifying results but knew there was more in the tank come the bussines end of the event ( change the air filter and reciever pack that night )

Day 2 we had 3 rounds of qualifying and knowing that my first 3 runs had me sitting around the 12 mark on the event sheet i needed to be in the top 10 to go straight into the A main final so it was time to push the car and find out what it had to offer me with no time to really change or adjust anything, as expected the truggy just responded even better to being driven hard and fast and with only 4 best runs from the 6 rounds of qualifying i finished up in 8th position and straight into the A main, here was my best round of qualifying amoungst some really fast and strong competition ( again changed the air filter, reciever pack and clutch bell bearings )

Finals day and it was my busiest day yet being out in the sun all day black flagging cars dishing out drive throughs for corner cutting and rough driving, had about 5 minutes to sit before the 45 minute A main started but the whole time was so confident that the tekno car is a bullet proof unit, got away to a clean start before being clipped and sent into the infield, back to last and over drove for a few laps before settling into a good groove and started to work my way through the field, my feet where killing me the whole time but still managed to finish 7th overall at the biggest attended state title event of 2014 in australia, 117 entries in total ( 45 truggy )

So the wrap up is i only changed the air fitler, reciever pack and clutch bearings during the event, at no time did i check ride height or the car over at all and it performed to perfection, home run tekno on the NT48, Im really looking forward to a fantastic 2015 running this truggy weapon, with some testing and fine tuning of the truggy i see big things to come next season, huge thanks to the team guys for the set up support and a fantastic product, Huge shout out to Darren from Coast 2 Coast RC here in Australia

Here is a few pics of the xray diff installed as ive seen people asking a few pages back about the serpent diff installed in the NT48.

Last edited by savagesam; 11-11-2014 at 03:56 AM.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by savagesam
Well after joining the team tekno crew 3 weeks ago i thought i should share my thoughts and results with the Tekno NT48, I built the kit ready for a test run on a club day with our state title event coming up in a few weeks time, the car went together really well and i enjoyed every aspect of the build, I did replace the centre diff with an xray one while we wait for the new spur gears to arrive, it just requires some shims in the right places and using the tekno out drives and it fits right in.

Club Day Test: well right away i felt conected to the truggy on the track, I ran a few tanks in the morning open practice and really felt at home with the car right away, having a few tweaks from the stock box set up with help from a team tekno driver i just knew it was the right truggy for me, after our 7 minute qualifying heats i was positioned for the final from grid 2 for the 30 minute final, I got out of the gate and really never looked back lapping the small field of drivers at the event a couple of times during the final, wow what a start with a new car.

Victorian State Titles 3 day event: I had only run the truggy once on the club day leading into this event so it was just cleaned up and ready for action, I myself as the president of the club hosting the state title event had a huge schedule preparing the track for the event, bobcat work, roller, event organiser, canteen duties and race official through out the event so knowing that i had a rock solid ride sitting in my pit marquee was a huge load of my shoulders.

Day 1 we had 2 rounds of practice and 3 rounds of qualifying and i again felt right at home with the truggy, i drove a little on the conservative side to just bank 3 good qualifying results but knew there was more in the tank come the bussines end of the event ( change the air filter and reciever pack that night )

Day 2 we had 3 rounds of qualifying and knowing that my first 3 runs had me sitting around the 12 mark on the event sheet i needed to be in the top 10 to go straight into the A main final so it was time to push the car and find out what it had to offer me with no time to really change or adjust anything, as expected the truggy just responded even better to being driven hard and fast and with only 4 best runs from the 6 rounds of qualifying i finished up in 8th position and straight into the A main, here was my best round of qualifying amoungst some really fast and strong competition ( again changed the air filter, reciever pack and clutch bell bearings )

Finals day and it was my busiest day yet being out in the sun all day black flagging cars dishing out drive throughs for corner cutting and rough driving, had about 5 minutes to sit before the 45 minute A main started but the whole time was so confident that the tekno car is a bullet proof unit, got away to a clean start before being clipped and sent into the infield, back to last and over drove for a few laps before settling into a good groove and started to work my way through the field, my feet where killing me the whole time but still managed to finish 7th overall at the biggest attended state title event of 2014 in australia, 117 entries in total ( 45 truggy )

So the wrap up is i only changed the air fitler, reciever pack and clutch bearings during the event, at no time did i check ride height or the car over at all and it performed to perfection, home run tekno on the NT48, Im really looking forward to a fantastic 2015 running this truggy weapon, with some testing and fine tuning of the truggy i see big things to come next season, huge thanks to the team guys for the set up support and a fantastic product, Huge shout out to Darren from Coast 2 Coast RC here in Australia

Here is a few pics of the xray diff installed as ive seen people asking a few pages back about the serpent diff installed in the NT48.

Very nice Truggy! And great job.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Guys the new spur has been available since last week on teknorc.com. If you have any questions regarding your spur please email [email protected] for more information and they will be happy to help.

Regarding updated tanks, any kits ordered from tekno directly will have the updated parts in the box, as for back stock at distributors and retailers, that is hard to say because who knows when they got those kits so just check the box. Even if it is an old tank or spur, go ahead and build the kit while you wait to hear back from tekno, the parts are usable they just had some minor flaws. Make sure to use shorter screws when attaching spill guard and fuel clips to the tank, I believe 8mm is good but don't use a power tool, screw in by hand and just make sure it doesn't bottom out, it doesn't take much to keep the clips on. As for the original spur, it will work fine for some and last weeks and for others it will only last a few weekends based on driving style, brakes, clutch bell spacing, etc but again email [email protected] when you get the kit and they will get you squared away.

Regarding the power switch question, I stopped using the mechanical switches because I never found one that was fool proof even with a dust cover, yes, many of the problems are because guys don't push from the bottom of the switch but on any given day theres 5-6 different people turning my car on and/or off so I go with the electronic switches, KO Propo being my favorite because it includes a LED battery meter but expensive and there is also the XPert ones which have a LED indicator but only when it reaches low voltage, VP Pro(now dialed hobbies apparently) sells these with aluminum covers in a few different colors so if you want some bling I think they are less than $20. These switches use the same mounting holes as the transponder so I just drill 3 holes on the battery cover and mount my transponder there.

Regarding the lutz/alpha clutch and bell, I actually asked Ryan about this the other day and he himself had not tested it yet but the Lutz clutch usually uses the mugen/kyosho bell which I dont believe line up very well with the Tekno, I have had success with the Losi/Tekno clutches with Losi/Tekno bells, Buku clutch with Serpent vented bells, and M2C clutch with Losi/tekno bells. I think you can make almost anything work with artful shimming but I think the kyosho/mugen style bells will need lots of shims if it will even work.

If anyone has any more questions about the truggy please feel free to pm me at any time.

Last edited by Graham11; 11-11-2014 at 01:08 PM.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Great work Sam thanks for the write mate glad I could help you out.

1 big family mate results are for everyone to learn off

Cheers
Darren
Old 11-11-2014, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

Default Questions

Graham

Thank you.

Martin
Old 11-11-2014, 03:06 PM
Tech Regular

Default SMC

Hope the SMC batteries (square receiver lipo packs) come in at the published dimensions. I measured the other lipo receiver packs (two brand X) and they were just a little FAT on the dimensions.

Also, I tried the Alpha clutch and it was only engaging the spur a little bit and the flywheel was really close to the plastic hole plate. So the Losi clutch goes on tonight.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MartinB
Hope the SMC batteries (square receiver lipo packs) come in at the published dimensions. I measured the other lipo receiver packs (two brand X) and they were just a little FAT on the dimensions.

Also, I tried the Alpha clutch and it was only engaging the spur a little bit and the flywheel was really close to the plastic hole plate. So the Losi clutch goes on tonight.
SMC lipo receiver packs fit perfectly.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:49 PM
EJF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

I have the alpha ( lutz ) clutch on my buggy and it will work with the stock tekno clutch bell, will work with a losi bell too but need a short crankshaft extender. Obviously that will vary with your brand of engine
Old 11-11-2014, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I think with enough shims you can get almost any clutch to work but it's finding the bell that will work is the challenge but all trial and error
Old 11-11-2014, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MartinB

Smc lipo fits fine mate there is a number of people using them over here
Old 11-11-2014, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DBL15
Smc lipo fits fine mate there is a number of people using them over here

The venom 2100mah Lipo also fits.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.