Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
amain shipping prices!!! >

amain shipping prices!!!

amain shipping prices!!!

Old 05-20-2013, 11:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default amain shipping prices!!!

wow. 65$ for shipping on a few xray buggy parts and some screws and washers. Ill keep my money for that price. anyone else getting crazy shipping costs outta them
Old 05-20-2013, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shanem121 View Post
wow. 65$ for shipping on a few xray buggy parts and some screws and washers. Ill keep my money for that price. anyone else getting crazy shipping costs outta them
International shipping rates have spiked in the past few months. Canada included.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

$0.89c for most things to the other side of the world...what are you guys complaining about lol?
Old 05-21-2013, 12:31 AM
Tech Master

Normally cost me around $15 for USPS first class international for a small box of parts & takes about 2 weeks to arrive, thats to Australia. It cost me $85 for the RTR buggy I got but that was express post & took about a week to arrive.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My last few orders have never been over $1 for shipping.
But getting kits shipped over can be expensive, but thats to be expected.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by corky_rc View Post
My last few orders have never been over $1 for shipping.
But getting kits shipped over can be expensive, but thats to be expected.
I have never tried the lowest cost shipping, normally take the 2nd option, maybe I should just try the cheaper shipping & see how it goes.
What the average shipping time you get with the lowest cost shipping, have you had anything lost or taken longer than usual.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

ozzi, here in New zealand it cost us less then $1.00 NZD for parts to get sent from Amain, and most of the time takes 8 days, but all international orders here when landed become national overnight.

The only reason to use the other shipping option is to make sure you get your parcel on time and so u can watch tracking at every step.

the super cheap postage actually has tracking through UPS, and if it takes longer then 23 days they will file for lost item and recover your money or re-send your items... had it happen
Old 05-21-2013, 02:37 AM
Tech Adept

If im in no hurry to get part, cost me under dollor. But I cant wait and cost me more with tracking and gets here downunder within a week, I no complain
Old 05-21-2013, 03:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I placed a reasonable sized order $400 and the cheap options for postage never came up, $32 it cost me to get them to Australia.

I also had the $25 coupon and $10 store credit, looks like they clawed most of that back off me.

All the discounts are bullshit and designed to suck you in.

As always, as soon as a company gets successful they get greedy.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LosiPRRACER View Post
ozzi, here in New zealand it cost us less then $1.00 NZD for parts to get sent from Amain, and most of the time takes 8 days, but all international orders here when landed become national overnight.

The only reason to use the other shipping option is to make sure you get your parcel on time and so u can watch tracking at every step.

the super cheap postage actually has tracking through UPS, and if it takes longer then 23 days they will file for lost item and recover your money or re-send your items... had it happen
Yeah I think the international part of the postage isn't to bad to Australia, its when it gets here that things seem to slow down, fastest I have received something was 10 days I think which I don't mind anyway & postage isn't to bad but could be better. Half of the Ebay items I get come from the U.S via USPS first class which is what I use through A-Main but its mostly a bit cheaper as well as the item being cheaper.
Recently got savox servos from Power Hobbies Online, their ebay store though, same price as A-Main but free postage.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:22 AM
Tech Champion

Did you ever contacted them with the queastions how/why/etc ?

$65 seems to me a very high price.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Daaamn 65$ for that :O ?? yeah i'd do the same thing.
I usually get stuff like that for 6$ and that's 3 day shipping.
Only time I have to pay 60$ + for shipping is when I order case of fuel and punch of parts at the same time
Old 05-21-2013, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

The only time I have to pay for shipping from Amain is if I buy Lipos, Fuel or Spray Cleaner.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by smelly62 View Post
I placed a reasonable sized order $400 and the cheap options for postage never came up, $32 it cost me to get them to Australia.

I also had the $25 coupon and $10 store credit, looks like they clawed most of that back off me.

All the discounts are bullshit and designed to suck you in.

As always, as soon as a company gets successful they get greedy.
We really do everything we can to get shipments to our customers as quickly as possible. We also do a great deal of business with the major shipping companies and we get decent discounts which we pass on directly to our customers.

We certainly don't give coupons and store credits to customers with the intent of taking it back with inflated shipping costs. Had you lived in the continental US your order would have shipped for free. A Main Hobbies is owned and operated by racers. We understand what is important to our customers because we are also customers. We have not gotten successful and forgotten what you want.

I thank you for trusting us with your orders and we hope you continue to do so. If at any time you have questions or concerns you can email me directly.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by token View Post
The only time I have to pay for shipping from Amain is if I buy Lipos, Fuel or Spray Cleaner.
The new hazmat regulations have been imposed on the entire battery market. It is unfortunate and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.