R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #46
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,195
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm2storm View Post
Sounds like you've never owned a losi buggy. Lol
I ran losi for a year,while I thought the car was good it wasn't great.I never felt the slop hurt the performance of the car.I had some good results with the losi actually making it on neobuggy a couple times.I am now running the intech br-6 and feel it is the most versatile car I've ever owned.Seems to work good on any surface and if not it has the adjustments to get it there.So far we have about 12 race weekends on the cars with little signs of wear.
__________________
David Osborne,
Nemoracing usa
Gofast hobbies,West Virginia hobbies
Amain Hobbies
Fioroni usa
xxxntwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #47
Tech Regular
 
mlbright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 397
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Anyone have any driving comparisons between 3.0, XB9, and the MP9??
__________________
Marlowe Bright
Sponsors: Reds Racing USA, A-Main, Protek RC
mlbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #48
Tech Elite
 
Zerodefect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Underground, Ohio
Posts: 4,305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbright View Post
Anyone have any driving comparisons between 3.0, XB9, and the MP9??
The Xray can be made to feel exactly like a Losi 2.0 by moving the hingepins around and running AE/Kyo/Serp shock pistons. Or you can make it ALLMOST as boring as the MP9 by doing the exact opposite moves. Never saw a 2.0 that was stable like one of the lame stable setups for the Xb9. Of those 3 cars I chose the Xray. I tried a Mugen and hated it's shocks and bumpy track handling.

Not sure about the Losi 3.0. So far it's vaporware.


The better question? Which cars have you allready tried and liked?

Last edited by Zerodefect; 05-09-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:58 AM   #49
Tech Initiate
 
themis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 22
Default

say hello to my little friend







themis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:43 AM   #50
Tech Addict
 
MrLosi88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Oz
Posts: 527
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

I owned a 2.0 for six months got uses to driving it then the crap started. My camber links after couple of laps made its own setup, always braking a shock. Screws for the shoccks kept coming out, shock boots kept ripping, drive shafts wear to quickly especially the front one. Was never consistant enough on long runs and the front end not forgiving enough. When nose dive off a jump it digs in and flips where mugen doesnt . Now due to sponsorship im changing to xray and lets see how this goes. Not looking for the fastest car in the world only out there for fun and if i win thats a bonus. Looking for a overall high stabality durable buggy to run.
__________________
Adelaide Rc Team Driver - Troy McGuire
XRAY XB4 '14 Spec / Nosram
XRAY XB4 2WD / Nosram
WWW.ADELAIDERC.COM.AU
Now a ARCR member
MrLosi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:21 PM   #51
Tech Adept
 
Harryaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LRRCC sydney
Posts: 128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLosi88 View Post
I owned a 2.0 for six months got uses to driving it then the crap started. My camber links after couple of laps made its own setup, always braking a shock. Screws for the shoccks kept coming out, shock boots kept ripping, drive shafts wear to quickly especially the front one. Was never consistant enough on long runs and the front end not forgiving enough. When nose dive off a jump it digs in and flips where mugen doesnt . Now due to sponsorship im changing to xray and lets see how this goes. Not looking for the fastest car in the world only out there for fun and if i win thats a bonus. Looking for a overall high stabality durable buggy to run.
He asked bout the 3.0 not 2.0 Big difference between them. The 3.0 is way better IMO, very easy to drive, can push with ease round corners and handles like a dream over bumps an straight. Overall very easy car to drive
Harryaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:28 PM   #52
Tech Master
 
J-milz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Staten island
Posts: 1,526
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

I love threads like this. It's like the ole what's better CHEVY, Dodge or Ford debate. It's preference. In the right hands all the platforms are very capable.

One question.....thousands of answers.
__________________
💫XRAY addict💫 sponsored by the secret stash.....tee-hee-hee.
J-milz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:01 AM   #53
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 506
Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerodefect View Post
The Xray can be made to feel exactly like a Losi 2.0 by moving the hingepins around and running AE/Kyo/Serp shock pistons. Or you can make it ALLMOST as boring as the MP9 by doing the exact opposite moves. Never saw a 2.0 that was stable like one of the lame stable setups for the Xb9. Of those 3 cars I chose the Xray. I tried a Mugen and hated it's shocks and bumpy track handling.

Not sure about the Losi 3.0. So far it's vaporware.


The better question? Which cars have you allready tried and liked?
What makes you say that the MP9 is boring?
Ei8ht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:40 PM   #54
Tech Adept
 
bosshog64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 181
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I think the best answer is if you want the best, take your pick of what ever looks best and has the most parts availability at your track:
-X-ray
-Kyosho
-Losi

...cuz if your asking, you ain't fast enough to tell the difference between the 3 if your anything like me! All will treat you right. The X-ray is the bomb though and will take a beating.
__________________
-Xray XB9
-4x4 Slash
bosshog64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #55
Tech Elite
 
Zerodefect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Underground, Ohio
Posts: 4,305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ei8ht View Post
What makes you say that the MP9 is boring?
The MP9 err's towards stability. Most of my wrench time on the Mp9 was searching for better rotation on power.

The Losi err's towards aggression. Most of my wrench time on that kit was trying to clam it down.

Either car can be tuned towards the others personality. But the AE and Kyo ain't as extreme aggessive as others.

The Xray can be setup to feel kinda like the Kyo and AE cars if you want that. I've never seen a Losi that could though. A Losi feels like a Losi, It's not as tunable as the Xray IMO.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
best buggy, losi 8ight 3.0, xray xb9


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:17 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net