Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Kyosho Scorpion nitro xxl full throttle issue >

Kyosho Scorpion nitro xxl full throttle issue

Kyosho Scorpion nitro xxl full throttle issue

Old 04-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Kyosho Scorpion nitro xxl full throttle issue

Hi everyone, I wonder if any of you can help with an problem on my scorpion xxl.

I have recently encountered a problem when the car is at full throttle. The servo seems to be juddering causing the full throttle to go up and down.

This only happens when the car is running but when it's not it seems to work fine.

Would this be a servo issue or a engine tuning issue??

I have only recently brought the car and used it a good few times before it happens.

Any advice would be a big help.

Thanks all.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Check the receiver antenna and servo wiring. I had the same happen on the XXL and turned out that a servo wire was pinched between two parts and the insulation got torn, when the motor was running I got all kind of glitches but none while it was off.

Try swapping servos. Change the wires on the receiver, if the steering servo does it too then you have a receiver or transmitter problem, if the throttle servo still does it then it's the servo or the wiring going to it.