Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Throttle Servo Torque >

Throttle Servo Torque

Throttle Servo Torque

Old 09-24-2014, 05:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Mad. You've had no problems with the 7940 on throttle /brake? I have lost 2 of them on throttle and made damn sure my endpoints were correct. I sent them back and they were nice enough to swap the 7945 gear set which slowed them down some and then I lost 1 of the repaired 7945 in a main and switched back to only 7955 or 7954's in my Truck. I run the KO RXs Power's for both in my buggy (I got them for a song couldn't pass the deal) wow are the a piece of artwork. It could have been bad luck or opperator error.

I believe in buying the most torque and speed you can afford. You can always turn it down if its too fast
Old 09-24-2014, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The 7940 in my buggy is five years old and has never had a hiccup. I said that last month about the 7950 that was on steering for the same amount of time and it died a week later Hopefully I havent jinxed myself.

I also have one on throttle duty in my truggy not as old and three more on steering duty for my 1/10 2wd buggy, 4wd buggy, and ST. I've had no failures with the 7940s and one 7950 fail. While I can say for sure that your failure(s) were due to user error, I would suspect it. My 1/8s have 7mm venturis and the EPA is adjusted to stop just past the venturi opening (less than a mm). On the brake side, my EPAs are set to ride the line of locking up the tires (typically somewhere between 25-35%). At this moment, throttle EPA is at 60% and brakes are at 30%.

With that being said, EPA is only half the equation. I am very meticulous with the throttle and brake linkage to make sure that the servo isnt fighting the linkage at neutral. Other than that, I really dont know what would cause a failure as it really is a low stress application when everything is setup correctly.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:16 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm torn between the 7955 and the 7940 for throttle/brake...suggestions?
Old 10-03-2014, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tommyrox View Post
I'm torn between the 7955 and the 7940 for throttle/brake...suggestions?
Can't go wrong with either. They have a new brushless servo that looks pretty impressive too. I plan on migrating to those pretty soon.