R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Nitro rc car cutting out (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/720203-nitro-rc-car-cutting-out.html)

dazablue 04-07-2013 05:29 PM

Nitro rc car cutting out

I start up my car, I keep its idle for 30 seconds. I start to move the car driving it up and down getting to full throttle but when I come to a complete stop the car idles for 2 seconds then cuts out

What do I do?

sschultz 04-07-2013 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by dazablue (Post 12020128)
I start up my car, I keep its idle for 30 seconds. I start to move the car driving it up and down getting to full throttle but when I come to a complete stop the car idles for 2 seconds then cuts out

What do I do?

The quick answer? Change your tune...:nod:

No but seriously, need more info to give you an accurate answer. Is it new? What kind of fuel do you have and how old is it? Did it run good at some point and this just came on? Have you replaced the glow plug?

Point being, give as much info as you can, like what you've tried to do, if anything. Does it run good other than stalling? etc.......

dazablue 04-07-2013 05:57 PM

More info

My car is the hpi trophy 4.6, I run it on 20% fuel. I have not tried replacing the glow plug and it is a month old.

Silo 04-07-2013 06:07 PM

I had this problem with mine. You have to adjust the idle after you break it in. Watch some tuning videos and you'll figure it out.

dazablue 04-07-2013 06:45 PM

Idle

My idle is already 1mm open on idle and its the same while breaking. when my car is idling it is moving slowly. So if i make it wider its going to move even more faster on idle.

sschultz 04-07-2013 06:51 PM

you need to adjust your high and low speed needles. Read this and go from there....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-...ing-bible.html

dooug1960 04-07-2013 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by dazablue (Post 12020482)
My idle is already 1mm open on idle and its the same while breaking. when my car is idling it is moving slowly. So if i make it wider its going to move even more faster on idle.

first your idle gap is to large it should be at .5mm - .7mm tops so turn idle down lsn richer to bring idle up if it wont idle after you set the correct idle gap. you have to get your idle gap set right first before you can really tune your other needles or you will always be chasing your tune. take old credit card and cut a sliver off it and use that to set your gap to .7mm and go from there. let us know how your doing after you get idle set properly

dazablue 04-07-2013 09:05 PM

Idle

I checked my idle and I'm still having the same problem

yotehtr1 04-08-2013 03:40 AM

It could simply be a weak glow plug so I'd change that first and see what happens.

latemodel13 04-08-2013 05:29 AM

Bearing

It sounds to me you need new clutchbell bearings.

got_nitro 04-08-2013 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by dooug1960 (Post 12020682)
first your idle gap is to large it should be at .5mm - .7mm tops so turn idle down lsn richer to bring idle up

When you turn the idle down you have to lean the LSN. If you turn the idle down and richen the LSN it's going to bog out and die.

Mannyrrfresh 04-19-2017 05:34 PM

Have a problem

Driving my nitro RC car around when I get to about a half a tank it's stalls on me anybody got a answer for that car is only a month old brand-new glow plug I'm still trying to tune it

Mannyrrfresh 04-19-2017 06:36 PM

Problem

Playing with my tornado s30 running good and then all of sudden it stalls out on me about half tank of fuel brand New glow plug car is a month old using 20% nitro 16% lubricant any suggestions on what's wrong or what I can do to fix this also a pain to start

Cant drive 04-19-2017 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mannyrrfresh (Post 14904419)
Driving my nitro RC car around when I get to about a half a tank it's stalls on me anybody got a answer for that car is only a month old brand-new glow plug I'm still trying to tune it

Based on the little information you provided, I would say try to lean the low speed slightly. When the engine warms up the sleeve expands and it causes the idle to lower

TrespasseR_MN 04-24-2017 10:56 PM

one thing if you dont have a temp gun i suggest getting one dont let your motor get below 200 and not above 300 degrees