Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
LiPo Receiver pack >

LiPo Receiver pack

LiPo Receiver pack

Old 04-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default LiPo Receiver pack

I want to use a LiPo pack in my 8ight T's, what do i need to get? Some kind of regulator? What packs are you guys running?
Old 04-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

when i was running losi i used there own lipo pack. with savox high Voltage servos and Sanwa m11 with the reciver who can handle 7.4volt.

now i use some odd lipo pack in my mugen with savox servos and sanwa m12.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

running a losi its hard to find a cheap one that fits. But i found this which fits nicely in the losi's.
but if you're not running HV servos, i would recommend a life pack. that way you wont have to use a regulator.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bigbadbasher View Post
I want to use a LiPo pack in my 8ight T's, what do i need to get? Some kind of regulator? What packs are you guys running?
:
Old 04-09-2013, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

If you're running high-voltage servos, there's no need for a regulator, and I would then recommend this pack:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Balancer-Plug

If you're not running high-voltage servos, I would recommend a LiFe pack because you won't need a regulator. I have used this one; however, it will require slight modification to the lid of your battery tray.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Balancer-Plug
Old 04-10-2013, 11:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I run Savox High Voltage servos in my Losi 8ight 2.0, and I run the Lipo recommended above. I didnt want to get the high voltage servos at first but after running them Im glad I spent the extra money and put them in. No need for a regulator or anything.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Yeah get hv servos!!! Way better I run a max amps crawler pack it's 2300mah and 7.4v works great in the gen3 tray
Old 04-11-2013, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigbadbasher View Post
You need to run a low voltage cut-off to prevent your lipo pack from over discharging and being ruined.

Here is what I run. It is a on-off switch with a low voltage cut off and it has a battery meter built into it.

http://siteground235.com/~winners4/p...3e5fa02f76587b

Lee
Old 04-11-2013, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

Default Where are all the lipo RX packs??

Can anyone clue me in as to why most lipo receiver packs have been sold out for nearly 2 months now. I run Losi's and there are only a few lipo packs that will fit in the radio tray - the Protek 8ight battery, the Losi rx pack and the Dynamite 2000, just to name a few. I've been looking to buy any of these packs and haven't been able to find any of them for sale anywhere.

Can anyone tell me where I can get any of the above batteries or clue me in on any alternative lipo rx packs that will fit in the Losi radio tray.

Thanks - Rick
Old 04-11-2013, 07:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Officespace View Post
Can anyone clue me in as to why most lipo receiver packs have been sold out for nearly 2 months now. I run Losi's and there are only a few lipo packs that will fit in the radio tray - the Protek 8ight battery, the Losi rx pack and the Dynamite 2000, just to name a few. I've been looking to buy any of these packs and haven't been able to find any of them for sale anywhere.

Can anyone tell me where I can get any of the above batteries or clue me in on any alternative lipo rx packs that will fit in the Losi radio tray.

Thanks - Rick
answered on other post
Old 04-11-2013, 07:44 PM
Tech Initiate

I run this for two high voltage red and blue Radiopost servos.. Dam thing last forever..................and nice low profile fits snug in the tray.
http://www.redrockethobbies.com/Dyna...shoppingengine